We stand with you France

doddie82

It's amazing how a 'our thoughts are with you' thread turns into a right wing rant fest from people who believe they know the truth and the source of the problem.....respect the thread.....if you want a 'I know how to solve the problem of terrorism' thread, start one.....*****

Kinshite

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a "right wing rant fest", it's what I consider a natural response to a massacre of innocents by people who are worried and feel it's time to take some positive action. If a bunch of thugs took action against your family would you sit back and turn the other cheek. I bleeding wouldn't and I suspect a lot of blokes on here wouldn't either. You can talk about respecting the thread, what do you think we are doing? Listen pal, I live in France and have seen the heartache felt here this morning so don't lecture us who think differently to you.

Well said, Sir.

+1 from me.

N

Edited by NFG

It's not a "right wing rant fest", it's what I consider a natural response to a massacre of innocents by people who are worried and feel it's time to take some positive action. If a bunch of thugs took action against your family would you sit back and turn the other cheek. I bleeding wouldn't and I suspect a lot of blokes on here wouldn't either. You can talk about respecting the thread, what do you think we are doing? Listen pal, I live in France and have seen the heartache felt here this morning so don't lecture us who think differently to you.

Oh the irony of the response!

You sound to me to be a bit of a clever bugger, try living in the real world not some airy fairy fantasy land.

Merely pointing out how compassion can turn to blame which leads to hatred which leads to suffering.....if people could stop at compassion

and by the way I mean everyone.....

If you're going to turn a thread polititical expect a backlash.

I agree with 99% of what you say David.

Thanks Eggs, I assume the 1% is ref Maggie! I'm off to get pleasantly pissed now at my French neighbour's where we will no doubt have discussions which will annoy some of the Herberts on here.

Thanks Eggs, I assume the 1% is ref Maggie! I'm off to get pleasantly pissed now at my French neighbour's where we will no doubt have discussions which will annoy some of the Herberts on here.

So if people disagree with you their Herbert's ? It doesn't annoy it only highlights the difference between discussion and angry responses

Well said Stubby!!! Vespasian, I suggest that if you know any Falklands veterans you put that theory to them; I will pay your dental costs if you video the encounter and send it to me.

Hahah, pay my dental fee's, I wish you would, got two front teeth missing that need fixing up...

Anyway, my point was about Tony Blair and Margret Thatcher, he fighting a campaign in Iraq, she fighting a campaign on a rock..

I didn't mention the ones doin the actual fighting for a reason, I wasn't comparing their fighting spirit, but the spirit of those who lead them..

Now as to what to do about this attack in Paris, thats a whole different matter, its easy to say do this or that without thinking it through.

Not to mention a whole can of worms to be opened...

best let our political betters do their best, see how it turns out...