Quick LOLER question.

Mesterh

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phenom.... if you have a 3-way autolock condemned because the gate is sticky or slightly mis-shapen you are perfectly within your rights to use them for tool strop krabs and your tool strop krabs can be anything you like, screwgate or snap shut o whatever you want to use..

It's only P.P.E that should be 3-way autolock minimum

personally i recommend that an autolocking krab is used for saw to harness because a few weeks ago i was thinning a beech and i went to get my saw and it had fell off the clip type krab that comes with a tree magic harness, luckily no one was below me at the time and there was no targets, it also snapped the chainbrake handle. but just think how much damage it could do if a groundy was below me...:scared1::thumbdown:

personally i recommend that an autolocking krab is used for saw to harness because a few weeks ago i was thinning a beech and i went to get my saw and it had fell off the clip type krab that comes with a tree magic harness, luckily no one was below me at the time and there was no targets, it also snapped the chainbrake handle. but just think how much damage it could do if a groundy was below me...:scared1::thumbdown:

:thumbup1: i've also seen this happen bizzarely it hit greenhouse below but bounced off with no damage!

Also personally i use dodgy karabiners for other things not supporting loads, o.k its not life support or rigging, but a falling saw can cause serious damage to person and property!

I've had a couple of screwgates come undone and get jammed in the open position in the past when using them as chainsaw strops. Also had the odd one drop off also because of screwgate, I therefore usually just buy cheap 3 ways for tool strops.

Dont mind climbing on screwgates though, just not for tool use.:001_cool:

I thought that tools had to be on a 2 way at least.?

grey area

recomended

fit for purpose

i would not work under someone with a snap link or an old screwgate that will vibrate loose

i personally use 2 way and would recomend them

i have seen several saws deck out before now

i tend to use a screwgate to attach my saw strop to my harness , simply make sure that you do the screw gate up while its under load and it should not come undone , who uses the plastic Petzel carabs ?? i have one for clipping my saw up short but have found that the platic flexes enough for thr gate to be the wrong side of the gate and my saw has fallen out several times but thankfully no dammage to myself , kit of anyone elts because my saw is still attached to my harness by the screw gate !!!!!