Britain Hating Ideology

DanClimbsTrees

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's stresses me to listen to all of you guys who think people should simply work more. I work to live , not live to work. I'm fortunate that me and my partner can both work part time and live a good life. The rest of the time I spend time with the kids . Work in the veggie garden. Look after the animals we rear for meat. I choose to work for myself not for others , so when I'm not out earning I'm still bettering myself.

What part of this life did people decide it was acceptable to work 60 hours a week . Never see their kids. Never spend any time doing what makes them happy because there chasing more money to spend on consumer junk and working harder to put more money in the peoples pockets who are making you poorer in the first place.

If we were on an even keel nobody would need to work 60 hours. I did when I was young till I realised that the only thing I got for work was money. I prefer to earn a better quality of life, and I don't think you can work harder and then buy it.

James

Who's paying for child care when both parents are working two or three jobs?

If I want a dog and I can't afford to feed it, have too many work commitments to walk it and can't afford to pay someone else to do so - I don't get a dog. Simple.

My father worked days, my mother worked in a factory in the evening. When we were old enough to be at home alone she worked shifts in a care home. Why does everyone believe it's a right to have children they can't afford and then expect the state to pay for them?

If I want a dog and I can't afford to feed it, have too many work commitments to walk it and can't afford to pay someone else to do so - I don't get a dog. Simple.

My father worked days, my mother worked in a factory in the evening. When we were old enough to be at home alone she worked shifts in a care home. Why does everyone believe it's a right to have children they can't afford and then expect the state to pay for them?

This man speaks a lot of sense, well put Gary.

Beat me too it!!

It's like African families who have 10 plus kids when they can't produce enough food for 4. It's plain stupid

It's stresses me to listen to all of you guys who think people should simply work more. I work to live , not live to work. I'm fortunate that me and my partner can both work part time and live a good life. The rest of the time I spend time with the kids . Work in the veggie garden. Look after the animals we rear for meat. I choose to work for myself not for others , so when I'm not out earning I'm still bettering myself.

What part of this life did people decide it was acceptable to work 60 hours a week . Never see their kids. Never spend any time doing what makes them happy because there chasing more money to spend on consumer junk and working harder to put more money in the peoples pockets who are making you poorer in the first place.

If we were on an even keel nobody would need to work 60 hours. I did when I was young till I realised that the only thing I got for work was money. I prefer to earn a better quality of life, and I don't think you can work harder and then buy it.

James

I think it's great that you live the way you choose to. But what others and I are saying is don't expect the state to pay for you to live the life you want.

It's about taking personal responsibility for your life.

Yep, just goes to show how society has changed over the years,people now think that the state should support them or prop them up when they overcook their life costs.

There is no shortage of young people in the population in this country, so if you want kids don't expect the state to pay, there are an increasing amount of old people,who have on the whole done their bit in years gone by with contributions of all manner,and payed into their pensions, we are struggling to keep them at a reasonable standard of living,they must be a priority over selfish breeding.

By all means hack me apart on this,but in my opinion if you want kids you will have to feed them,plan for it and live within your means, tough times are on us and we have to tighten our belts.

Two ways of looking at that. The older generation git free education. More generous state pensions etc. But just maybe they didn't contribute enough to sustain this so the younger generation pick up the pieces. So I have a friend who has nearly finished a 6 year stint in further education to become a junior Doctor. Nearly 100k in student debt and the government has cut junior doctors wages to 22ķ a year . Somewhere around £11 an hour. At the same time the mps agree a pay rise up to 79k if memory serves.

Where is the balance or fairness in this system.

People new what to expect and where they were heading then the goal posts move and taxes go up. People need to adjust there spending and this will take time. It's not there money they're not giving us. It's our money there taking more of . It's important to remember that we need workers doing menial jobs. We can't all be tradesmen. We don't however need workers doing menial jobs for next to no reward. We should look at equality and living wages. So people didn't need tax credits.

Yep, just goes to show how society has changed over the years,people now think that the state should support them or prop them up when they overcook their life costs.

There is no shortage of young people in the population in this country, so if you want kids don't expect the state to pay, there are an increasing amount of old people,who have on the whole done their bit in years gone by with contributions of all manner,and payed into their pensions, we are struggling to keep them at a reasonable standard of living,they must be a priority over selfish breeding.

By all means hack me apart on this,but in my opinion if you want kids you will have to feed them,plan for it and live within your means, tough times are on us and we have to tighten our belts.

That's a responsible way to look at life it's the way I was brought up but a lot of people think they are owed something who's to blame for that? My wife is a teacher, she works 14 hrs most days educating those that want to learn and having to deal with those that don't. Here wage works out at not much more than minimum wage for the hours worked. She has a student loan to pay back, we pay for child care and we choose to do this and we don't moan about it we just get on with it. Some posts on here I agree with some I don't. That's life, live it!