130 spec

David Humphries

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that a NEW 130 landrover is in the region of £30k, I would have absolutely no hesitation in buying the new Iveco Daily 4x4 in crewcab format.

But given that the "all in" price for the original NEW 110" vehicle plus conversion is iro of £27k, including re plateing and chip box/tool box....

What's the basic otr price of an iveco daily??

I have an 08 110 hardtop, as a tow vehicle you wont find beter in its class, the new engine is great aand the 6 speed box is also a revelation. They are still very basic when compared with the jap equivalents though.

The legroom in the back of my brothers nissan navara crewcab is also crap and you sit bolt upright so i think that may be an issue with all crewcabs tbh.

The standard tyres would'nt cut it off road, I have pirrelli scorpions mud terains which are less than half worn after 27000 miles and have a nice soft ride too.

David,

My other point about a 130, don't listen to people that say they are harder to manouvere than a 110 yes they are longer but you soon get used to it. I can put the 130 and trailer in places some people can't even park the 110! you get used to it!

Let us know how you get on!

I have found having driven td5 110's and my 300tdi 130, the 130 far easier to park and drive in tight spots than the 110 was.

right best dash as the AA are here to lorry my 130 to the garage as the thrust bearing in the clutch has gone, and they wont tow a 130 on a roadside truck you have to go on the lorry due to the weight,

at the end of the day remember its a landrover, it wont be hugely comfortable, in fact my passengers commented how nice the journey back from Herts was in the recovery lorry rather than 2hrs in the landrover :001_tt2: it wont be watertight,

one thing i will say is check the tow hitch set up as mine is the first thing that bottoms out when going up a slight incline with a trailer on and this stops the rear wells gaining traction and results in being very stuck, with a 110 the hitch is closer to the rear wheels so its not such a problem :thumbup1:

Lol Charlie ! I've had a 130 so badly cross axled you could walk underneath it, all be it slightly crounched !! The body twisted rather nicely, you couldn't even shut the doors lol.

Dave, if you need a vehicle that'll tow 3.5 ton anywhere then you can't go wrong. If you need a vehicle that will perform off road and be cheap to repair when the enivitable LA dents get put in it then you can't go wrong.

However from what you describe in your first post i think the LA's money will be better spent eleswhere.

One other point i would add in the Landrovers favour is that the depreciation is the lowest of almost any other vehicle on the road. Having re-read your intial post i don't really think a landrover is what you need though mate.

i've just been reading the latest edition of hort weekly and there is a review of utility vehicles which was done at westonbirt arboretum and one of the vehicles is a caron 862 which the arb team at westonbirt use. It sounds an absolutely ideal vehicle for david as it is road legal although it is LHD but it tows 1,000kg unbraked or 6,000kg braked, has rear pto (540 or 1,000 rpm, with a central pto on request), 24 speed gearbox (16f 8r), three-way tipping. It also does 40Km/H. the suppliers are bsg supplies.