Woodburner with oven?

forestgough

We have a hungry penguin, British design British made, compact and boy it gives off a lot of fuel, this is multi fuel so we burn all sorts on it and of course it has a wonderful little top oven compartment. I believe they have the ability to take a retro fitted bak boiler.

I am an Esse cooker dealer.

I have sold maybe 30 Esse wood fired cookers over the last few years without a single problem. Of these about half are Ironhearts, we have just taken an order for one for a log cabin in the center of a large woodland block.

The air channels running around the oven for the Ironheart and the enamelled cookers are basically the same, the major difference is that Ironhearts have no internal heat insulation so produce 9.7kw of heat to the room. Thats about twice that volume of heat of an average stove. Think of Ironheart as an overgrown stove with a cooking facility.

The enamelled cookers have a lot of heat insulation to the sides of the cooker to allow combustible kitchen units to be sited close to these cookers.

Water boiler wise the Ironheart has an optional small DHW hot water boiler only, the enamel cookers have optional DHW boiler or a 35,000 BTU central heating boiler.

There was a comment about food burning on, the tops of Ironheart are cast iron but there is an enamelled top option that should wipe clean but rough use will possibly chip the enamel. Never sold an enamel top on an Ironheart, they are standard on the enamel wood fired cookers.

Morso have just introduced a tall contempory stove with an oven, its the 8229 model and can be seen at the bottom of this page on my web site.

morso stoves dealer northants

A

You can have my badly engineered ESSE heap of junk back at any time. Eventually it will be replaced by a Lohberger but we have learnt to live with the defects.

We have a hungry penguin, British design British made, compact and boy it gives off a lot of fuel, this is multi fuel so we burn all sorts on it and of course it has a wonderful little top oven compartment. I believe they have the ability to take a retro fitted bak boiler.

Made by my nearest next door neighbor.

Currently teaching one of his kids to drive.

Great stoves, Made in Wales.

They have distributors all over the country.

Just opened a shop in our local town too.

Chilli Penguin Stoves, top quality contemporary stoves with character. - Home

Problem with the 23 Esse I have is I feel it was oversold. It was marketed as this miracle stove that would burn 2 or 3 large ash logs a day and heat your house and hot water. Yes, of course, I should have taken note of the output but I think this is even over-stated and Esse climbed down on Moisture content after a while. Maybe the stove can put out what it is quoted with the door on the latch and perfectly seasoned wood by the barrow load but in the real world, it's nowhere near that. Maybe the 35 is the model I needed but I feel that the 23 was sold as that when it wasn't.

In my fitting manual there was no mention of a laddomat type device which is now seen as essential. This is only 6 or so years ago.

I also am disappointed with the general fit and finish if the stove. It's just average to poor in most areas.

• Like 1

Problem with the 23 Esse I have is I feel it was oversold. It was marketed as this miracle stove that would burn 2 or 3 large ash logs a day and heat your house and hot water. Yes, of course, I should have taken note of the output but I think this is even over-stated and Esse climbed down on Moisture content after a while. Maybe the stove can put out what it is quoted with the door on the latch and perfectly seasoned wood by the barrow load but in the real world, it's nowhere near that. Maybe the 35 is the model I needed but I feel that the 23 was sold as that when it wasn't.

In my fitting manual there was no mention of a laddomat type device which is now seen as essential. This is only 6 or so years ago.

I also am disappointed with the general fit and finish if the stove. It's just average to poor in most areas.

They had not even heard of a Laddomat when I installed my stove and where asking me why I had installed one and what where the perceived benefits.

I realise a lot of this was my own fault for being sucked in by the promises made by the company of what there new stove could do. Normally I wait at least a couple of years for a product to gain a track record, had I done that with this stove then I would not have bought it as it was already highlighted as a lemon to be avoided at any cost.

Edited by renewablejohn
  • Like 1