How far would you travel for a job?

Johnpl315

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For Brits, around 100km each way is normal although I did do a job one Saturday a few weeks ago down in Poitou Charentes region which involved a 4 hour drive each way.

However, the 500euros cash I was paid made it all worth while.

All our French clients are within 40km more or less.

Ty

Hi guys,

I am wondering what distance most people are prepared to travel for a job/work? I have always tried to draw the line at an hour(each way), but when you as this up over the course of the year it's still a huge chunk of time. Add to this the fact that as a hand cutter/groundsman I don't get paid a great deal and the cost of fuel to drive I am thinking an hour each way is to much.

Interesting to hear other peoples thoughts?

I have been travelling 45 mins each way for the last 3 and a half years. Leave home at 6.15 get back at 6pm. But have knocked that on the head now as want to spend more time at home with family. I've got three days a week with a local tree surgeon for slightly less money but he's only 15 mins away and starts at 8am instead of 7am and finishes early sometimes.

So financially I'm bout the same but nearly two hours at home more each day. Got to try and find two more days each week close to home and I'll be sorted

90 minutes in a comfortable car is worth 30 minutes in the pickup. Currently doing nearly 90 minutes each way (50 miles) so almost 3 hours a day / 100 miles. Fair play to the ol Avensis estate; it really would be horrendous in the L200; would cost £35/day instead of £10 :thumbup1::biggrin: Try and do a 10 hour day tho minumum; 12 is great but 8-9 pees me off.