STOPTOBER - Post Here

TTS North

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I manged to quit for around 6 months, then a moments weakness started me again.

That was will the full course of patches and a weekly call from my nurse.

This time I've gone down the vape route and it's working to the degree that I don't even think about smoking after 4 weeks...

I'm trying nicotine free tomorrow and then I'll be free again.

Good luck 🍀 to everyone

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

gave up 9 years ago.

very difficult.

Advice would be chew gum, change your drink and read up on how quickly some parts of your body start to heal themselves.

Good luck to you all, P.s. I got so poorly about 5 years ago, i was hospitalised in Intensive care for a few weeks, if I was still smoking at that time I would have ended up in a morgue.

Good luck

Matty

(Jings, just noticed you said 7 years!! Had you started inhaling? )

Yeah, started at 14, stopped at 21, had occasional cigars, tried to give up several times for up to 9 months. Workmates encouraged me to smoke. Giving up the smokes and starting training gave me my life back - I'd probably not be here now as I was a wreck

I smoked from 14 to 30. 10-15 rollies a day. Started by filching Grandad's cigarillos then bought a pipe! Got into cigs after finding a pack of silk cut on the road...

Been smoke free four years, just felt like enough was enough one day and quit. No cravings, no withdrawals. Not a puff since. For me it was all in the mind, and when I made up my mind that I didn't want it anymore, it was easy. Maybe for some its a proper chemical dependancy, who knows?

After being clean for four year I tried a nicotine gum. It was like doing a line of white powder (I imagine) - was really tired at work, depressed, etc, five minutes later I was flying, mind focused, sociable. Lasted an hour.

Pure nicotine in medical doses is a safe drug, as most of us know by now. I does not cause cancer, obviously thats caused by the tar and monoxide etc. It does temporarily narrow the blood vessels though. There is evidence that it has some power to protect against parkensonian type neurodegenerative conditions and altzhymers. Its widely used by athletes and fitness freaks as a pre-workouot stimulant!!!!

So I have been popping on average one 2mg gum once every two days, treating it as a coffee-level pick me up, and not abusing it.