Making a few quid

Stereo

I could not sleep for about 10 days I think cant really remember if I'm honest it's so long ago. You WILL feel better soon though without a doubt. Don't give up giving up!!

Thanks. Slept like a baby last night (edit: a baby that sleeps well) and no more sweats or anything. Feeling good. No cravings, nothing. Pretty much the same as when I gave up smoking. Suddenly had no desire to do it any more.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Stereo, sounds like its going OK. Well done.

I don't know your house or even if you would consider it, but how about B&B for a while.

If you have a really nice room contact Wolsley Lodges. They specialize in high class B&B and will come and vet you I believe. Typical tarrif £100 depending where you are. Lots of people would like to stay on a small farm I expect.

My house is legally a holiday let so I can rent it out when I like. Only my family are allowed to live in it full time due a planning clause. So we are thinking of fixing it up nice (it's nice already but a bit rough) and letting it out for the summer hols while we go and live in a yurt / tipi / tent / caravan or whatever. We've got a barn with running water and a loo so a shower should be no issue. Should bring in a few grand and the kids will love it while they are young......

Herbal tea is good. No milk so it's too hot to drink for ages. Means I've got a drink on the go rather than downing something. Some pretty tasty ones out there too.

Going looking at a few jobs tomorrow. Feel alive and hopeful again. Thanks for all the advice /support.

• 3 weeks later...

Any of your ground suitable for some sort of off road course ? It might be of interest to folk able to wild camp then try their 4x4's driving off road. Some people don't get a chance to do this.

Ranulph fiennes had a good tip,if you are sitting feeling down.Stand up immediately and get on and do something.

Some of it is but a neighbour tried that a while back and got hell to pay from the locals. But 'special' around here if you know what I mean...........

On RF's point, I have found that is the key. I can sit at the PC for hours and waste the day, then feel crap. You just have to get up and do something and then do something else. Sounds stupidly obvious but when you are a bit down, it's easy to just hide from life and wait for tomorrow. I've found that tidying and sorting is making such a massive difference to the place even though it seems petty at the time. Selling stuff, Freecycling stuff, scrapping stuff etc. Just clearing out all the crap of the last 2 years of life.

Reading between the lines you may have a touch of depression which is made worst by alcohol. Could be worth a visit to your gp. Excercise especially on a cross trainer or similar would be good for you releasing positive endomorphenes. I was enjoying the strong bow a little too much a year ago and weaned my self of with aldi advocat gradually increasing the lemonade. A pint of larger a week if I am lucky now feel vastly better and sleep like a baby.