husky v stihl on raw power only!

Mark_Skyland

Hopefully a bit of a slightly different thread husky v stihl thread.

Forgetting about reliability and ergonomics pound for pound which machine has the best all out power in real life. Ie forget what you see printed in a catalogue, users of both machines only please as stihl has the slight edge on paper but blows husky out of the water at the 661 stage!

So,

T540xp v ms201tcm

550xp v ms261

560xp v ms362

372xp v ms441

395xp v ms661

3120xp v ms880

I doubt the 576xp can compete with the 461 but if it can thoughts on that would be appreciated.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T540xp vs MS201T (not used a cm version yet) - MS201T blows the husky clear out of the water in my opinion.

550xp vs 261 - slightly more difficult to judge, both about same on power but deliver it in different ways. Husky revvy saw, ideal for snedding but stihl has the edge when it comes to pulling a 15" bar through hardwood.

560xp vs 362 - see above.

Not used a ms441 or either of the big huskys enough to comment o the rest.

what jrose said really. I love the Stihls for their grunt and only own big Stihls even though I have had extensive experience with the husky equivelants. If I was a groundy doing a bit of snedding, or a forestry worker knocking out 12" diameter stems all day I think I would opt for one of the smaller husky saws over the Stihl.

I'm on the fence and gonna bend the thread.i choose an echo 360 topper over those,550xp,echo 620sx cos the others break,372 because why wouldn't ya,possibly 395 because I have a 661 and it feels like it's gonna break down (it hasn't yet). P.s I'm too old to lift a 3120/880 so can't comment

Can only comment on the 372 v 441 , to me the 372 has more grunt and always got picked ahead of the 441 to the point where I decided to get shot of it due to lack of use .

Never tried a 550 but find the 560's way better than the 261's we had .

I also tend to pick up the old 660 ahead of the 395 , dunno the reason though as both are very good saws .