Too dangerous to drive??

ballibeg

Nowt wrong with those, I would start by speaking to the dealer principal, then go to Ford.

Sadly it's not just car dealers, I am rapidly loosing faith in human kind.

My dad has just had gas central heating fitted after years of coal and the standard of workmanship is to put it plain crap.

I trust no one now except the few people I have dealt with for years :(

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See it all the time I work in an independent garage and get loads of folk getting ripped off my dealerships, it's because the mechanics are on a bonus they condemn brakes because the costumer thinks brakes are important better get them done, and they r easier to change for the mechanics ! They probably charge an hour and a half and u can do them in 20min it's easy money

Did they service the car? They usually charge for an oil change and advise you that you need all other bits done at more cost-like air filter pollen filter ect

I hate them tbh rip off bast@&Ds!!

Agreed. My sister works for Mercedes Corp and is responsible for going round a region of dealers and setting yearly spares targets and incentives/bonus. The spares cover the whole range from filters and seals to engines and gearboxes!!:sneaky2:

It's a disgrace.

I do everything myself now running a 20 year old Fiat Panda and a 16 year old E Class, They might look a bit scruffy but they are mechanically sound and low running costs.:thumbup:

Brake disc scam here too, I fitted new pads and discs 6months previous, took it (mondeo) in for a wheel bearing, got a call to say the rear discs were shot it'd only be an hours labour, if I came back another day it's be at least 2 :rolleyes:

Told them it's something I can do myself, (And I diddnt believe they were shot) 2weeks later it passed it's MOT (same as op, not even worn a lip in)

Had exactly the same with the Chelmsford branch of the chain of tyre fitters named after a type of motor racing. They tried to tell my partner that her car needed new rear discs and pads when it was in for a new set of tyres. We already had it booked in for a service and front pads with the guy who looks after her car so he took a look. He said there was absolutely no need to change them and no reason to think there was either. :sneaky2:

Until people report this kind of thing to trading standards it will just carry on. That's what I'd do. For every clued up customer who smells a rat there'll be ten who just pay up.

The problem will not be solved by trading standards unfortunately. They are not in a position to go after "the system". People are employed by large companies, legally, to ensure that 'parts' are sold, as I described previously.

How can trading standards go against them? They can prosecute the little mechanic guy trading under an old victorian bridge and they can go after the plumber etc. installing cheap taps miss-sold as Villeroy & Boch but the the big boys are just TOO BIG!!