VT for the first time.

Mick Stockbridge

Oh and I got these spliced eye prussiks from proclimber - rather than having knots at each end the eyes are spliced in which makes everything less bulky... They grip the rope and release a treat.....

I'll try and get some pics but the lnk to their site is:

Eye To Eye Hip Prussik [PR0042] : Proclimber Professional Arborist Products Online, Supplies for the professional arborist

:001_smile:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm gonna cut the gecko up for a lanyard, get a decent rope and use whats left of the gecko for manky conifer. I should have bought a new one Saturday really, but me being me drove away with £500 in my pocket (tightwad). Oh well if I'd bought all the things I need at once I'd get too excited.

So new rope, oval crabs and an art ropeguide next.

your all class mick.join the dark side,your climbing life will be top fookin draw.

Yeah I'm gonna cut the gecko up for a lanyard, get a decent rope and use whats left of the gecko for manky conifer. I should have bought a new one Saturday really, but me being me drove away with £500 in my pocket (tightwad). Oh well if I'd bought all the things I need at once I'd get too excited.

So new rope, oval crabs and an art ropeguide next.

Do it mate you won't regret it ! Gecko is awfull rope so stretchy, i won one once and palmed it off to 2 other climbers before it eventually got cut up lol :thumbup1:

What a muppet!

I could'nt get into the shed this morning cos the key kept spinning in the lock, so out comes the club hammer(it was indoors cos I'm decorating at the mo..Mick style) whacked the lock a dozen times but no luck, so barked an order at the missus to fetch the drill. This will get me in to my beloved new kit I thinks. Started drilling the lock and in my rush it slipped and went in my hand, luckily into the soft part between thumb and forefinger and not bone.

The bit broke and I squeezed my hand to feel if it was in there, it was'nt but loads of air bubbles came out with not alot of blood. So back to the hammer and after another two dozen blows it cracked, kit loaded and wound cleaned and dressed off we went.

My hand was really hurting so I could'nt pull properly, so pantin to the rescue and away I went. Even came down for a tea then back up again.

Hahahaha I,m a gadget convert for sure.