matelot

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should rename themselves...

"The Mediocre Sentimentalist Party"

Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

It's not sentimentality, it's an attempt to show that there are other ways to do things, which might just mean we don't consume ourselves off our own and only planet.

The relentless pursuit of economic growth above all else is delusional, dangerous and selfish. Corbyn does not have all the answers but at least he cares.

If things are left to carry on as they are because it suits us we are doomed. Doomed I tell thee!

They should rename themselves...

"The Mediocre Sentimentalist Party"

Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

It's not sentimentality, it's an attempt to show that there are other ways to do things, which might just mean we don't consume ourselves off our own and only planet.

The relentless pursuit of economic growth above all else is delusional, dangerous and selfish. Corbyn does not have all the answers but at least he cares.

If things are left to carry on as they are because it suits us we are doomed. Doomed I tell thee!

Mmmm, think sentimentality might be singing "God save the king/queen" for 250 years.

Of course I might be wrong, it could be very relevant! But I'm pretty sure it's not!

Someone once told me that they never bothered to vote cos

The House of Commons Party always got elected regardless.....

An exercise in futility I think he called it...

My favourite "comments" from within the article were....

tillythehunstill Jan 1, 2015

Love it. As sure as day follows night, another Maggie story and all the great unwashed lefties come out screeching their bile. So much so that most of their posts have spelling mistakes and/or grammatical errors.

Really cheers me up to know she still gets to you.

Feed the Trolls

Happy New Year

and

MWill Jan 2, 2015

@tillythehunstill

You're right if the Germans and the Italians can move on from Hitler and Mussolini we can all move on from Thatcher, onwards and upwards.

Happy New Year

I see Salmond is bossing QT ...again!

Just watched it on Iplayer. Must have been a different edit from the version you watched?

My condensed take on the on the English edit:

Sandy Toksvig came across as sharp, smart and on trend (excluding refugee intake and National Anthem comments)

Liz Truss came across as weak, dull, tired and trotting out the same old party line

John McDonnell is either trying very hard to make a genuine difference or he is the most polished confidence trickster I've seen in a good while. Lady in the audience asked the question (at about the mid way point) which nicely summed this up - "are you just saying whatever you think people want to hear?")

Alex Salmond similar to Liz Truss, banging the same old tired drum with nothing new or inspirational to add (thought of you when he miss quoted verse 6 as verse 4!)

Tim Stanley - every word was well considered and 100% worth saying

As for "bossing", the show I watched gave greatest exposure / FaceTime to John McDonnell. Let's hope it's not just a fake veneer of competence and acceptability that will be peeled back to expose the Marxist beneath.