G.m 150

Ty Korrigan

Our stable has a new horse, 34 horse in fact.

To get us through an intense period of work we've brought in a G.M 150 for the week.

I didn't get a lookin on the machine today as I was with the Quadchip elsewhere but tomorrow it will be with my team at 'The Chateau' where it will be making a fine wood chip from cypress for a biomass boiler as well as wood chip from branch wood only (no leaf) for selling as garden mulch.

Ty

20150907_193747.jpg.36926db475c167545b6555c5013b040c.jpg

20150907_193822.jpg.f6620e8768d577dfa8cbc10c7067b78a.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 150 is a good machine ty but a little slower than the quadchip as the way the rotor is geared gives it less rpm but really liked it when I had 1 on hire while quadchip was away.

Thought about a big jensen like that when I was.looking to upgrade but decided against as it's a huge lump to be pulling around for everyday use.

USED Wood Chippers, JENSEN A240DI TURNTABLE - 10" - CATEGORY: WOOD CHIPPERS offered for sale £8250.00

This one comes from Germany (so probably less problems registering) looks like a beast. You should have that sitting in the shed for mass conifer destruction.

Just a thought.

i looked @ that but i think it would take the sprint out of the sprinter :laugh1:

To late mick, traded my beloved quadchip against a shiny new forst st8.it was an option consider as would have given the opportunity to run two teams if necessary but if I need big I just go proper big and get this in for a few hrs and fill ever truck, trailer and Sandwich box I can find,

1441657435820.jpg.84be35ecd439071863861380a8c6069b.jpg

USED Wood Chippers, JENSEN A240DI TURNTABLE - 10" - CATEGORY: WOOD CHIPPERS offered for sale £8250.00

This one comes from Germany (so probably less problems registering) looks like a beast. You should have that sitting in the shed for mass conifer destruction.

Just a thought.

I think the French would still certainly view all pre-Oct 2012 trailers as a big 'NON!'

Perhaps by obtaining a certificate of conformity first for the individual machine and having a meeting with the DREAL you could confirm whether it could be a goer or not but by then the machine may well havebeen sold.

Transports routiers - DREAL Bretagne

Or buying a chipper and mounting it on a French trailer as many companies used to do.

Some really odd looking machines as a result out there.

Ty

To late mick, traded my beloved quadchip against a shiny new forst st8.it was an option consider as would have given the opportunity to run two teams if necessary but if I need big I just go proper big and get this in for a few hrs and fill ever truck, trailer and Sandwich box I can find,

Your Missus must make you a big sandwich then!

Ty

I run both a quadchip and 150. When we first got the 150 it was way slower than the quad, but on Mac's advice updated the feed roller settings and it was like a new machine - and I get the impression that five years down the line it will be looking in much better condition that the quad. Both are great machines though!