Truck and person wanted subbie basis

Treeworld

well well well, i have missed all this. It isnt like me, i am like a fly round you know what...if i could get a good local crew to do all my work safely and to a high standard then i would, a simple contract stating does and donts, and away you go. I used to do everything myself, and sometimes knowing every in or out if a job is a hinderence. Now if i give instruction to my lad with the 4x4, trailer his own insurance and more importantly common sense a job then he goes and does it, if the jockey wheel breaks on the trailer, he gets a puncture or is stopped by the police, i dont care, it is his problem. So if i dont have to worry about all that crap then its great. Does richard branson empty the bins on his planes and trains, no he does not. He owns over 900 companies and works 2 hrs a day. Genius. A customer is paying us for doing a job, if we want the glory of doing it then that is fine, if we want to make money then get someone else to drag the crap throught the gardens get soaked to the skin and have a sore back. I used to want my gravestone to read' stevie blair tree cutter extrordinaire' i was a headcase, i would run about all day, filling saws, climbing trees, wouldnt let anyone even start the chipper, none of my groundies used a saw. I would cut everything tiny ot whack off a big bit, bounce down the tree, sned it out and prussick back up. I was knackered all the time and a stressed out wreck..now i can hardly walk in the morning, it takes me an hour to get going my back is that sore. I have just been to the door and paid my lad, he did over 50 miles yesteday, back and forth. Towing a 2.5 ton chipper and his trailer, he drove the loader and worked a saw and fed the chipper, went over the job with the customer and gave me a big cheque, so i have just paid him. I wont need him till tomorrow night . He will turn up with my chipper, we will blast the stuff through it and then he will just take it away and put it back for me. Job done. And ps i now want my gravestone to read ' papa':001_smile:

everything myself . Wouldnt let anyone start chipper . Wow ditto . Much more chilled now .

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Many thanks, for all input from all points of view in what turned out to be a more general topic than an employment one, any how today I have had a good discussion from one guy locally and another who advertises this kind of service is keen too. I will also take Gibbons suggestion into account as well against the overall cost.

FTR I do not advertise in any way a removal service and any quote to a client always states removal of waste by a licensed carrier, they are informed of this on the site visit.

I forgot who offered 450 but if all else fails you may just get a call!!

Hasta luego:shakehands:

I love that long post of yours Stevie, it's like Reading about me 2 years ago.

Your a wise man, delegate and grow :-)

I agree I've just delegated two rods to the truck and ordered 200 lug, no finance, no employees, no stress for this kiddy, the only stress I have is checking the inshore forecast and seeing high winds, means I can't go sailing.............:biggrin: