Waterproof jacket

magwick

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't understand what all the fuss is about with the "cut n climb" jacket!

I got one about a couple of years ago and to be honest I got just as wet (in a torrential downpour) as any other jacket I have owned in the past.

I find it very hot when your working hard same as any other jacket.

All this clap trap about wicking sweat away from your body...really!! How the hell can it escape when the outside of the jacket is soaking wet.

Also don't like the over head thing, when I want a break I want to get it off fast, which is much easier with a full zip.

Anyway I have passed on my cut n climb on to a chap I work with & I am much happier with my berghaus.

So guys really have a think before you spend all that money.

my feelings exactly on the jacket, comfy but not that waterproof for the money, i wont be buying another one, gona try a lightweight sailing one i think. carl

Totally agree Scott.

You can get waterproof.

You can get breathable.

You can't get both, not when it's lashing down.

I've given up my search for the Holy Grail and just wear a farmers Sealflex now.

I avoid sweating by climbing even more slowly than I do normally.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I personally haven't used one, but have been looking at the harkie smock doesn't look bad and is only available in hi vis. Don't know if anyone on here has used one

I've a Harlow jacket. It's ok comfy and a nice fit waterproof when new but leaks after a bit maybe if you wash it in water proofer it will last longer.

I need a new one and not sure what I'm going to get either, ski jacket is a good shout tho Jon!

I really don't understand what all the fuss is about with the "cut n climb" jacket!

I got one about a couple of years ago and to be honest I got just as wet (in a torrential downpour) as any other jacket I have owned in the past.

I find it very hot when your working hard same as any other jacket.

All this clap trap about wicking sweat away from your body...really!! How the hell can it escape when the outside of the jacket is soaking wet.

Also don't like the over head thing, when I want a break I want to get it off fast, which is much easier with a full zip.

Anyway I have passed on my cut n climb on to a chap I work with & I am much happier with my berghaus.

So guys really have a think before you spend all that money.

You are wrong!! Ha,Ha.

You obviously don't work hard enough to sweat when your working!

Or don't work in the lashing rain 😜

Ha,Ha, nice try but I do mate and I don't get wet, I wear a wicking base layer and the cut and climb. I wouldn't say I'm dry as a bone but I am dryer than any other jacket I have worn. I did have a cut and climb that wasn't keeping me as dry as the older one I had so I sent it back and they sent me a new one which is waterproof maybe yours is from the same batch.

I know what you mean Hodge, sweaty wet is different from rain wet, especially with the right base layer, more so when it's cold.

Scott, Hodge works in the Lakes, if he didn't work when it was lashing down he'd only crack about 10 days a year!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Ha,Ha, nice try but I do mate and I don't get wet, I wear a wicking base layer and the cut and climb. I wouldn't say I'm dry as a bone but I am dryer than any other jacket I have worn. I did have a cut and climb that wasn't keeping me as dry as the older one I had so I sent it back and they sent me a new one which is waterproof maybe yours is from the same batch.

Fair play fella....mine may very well be a duff one but I'm paying another £150 to find out.