Massive announcement from myself

Adam Bourne

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Adam,

Having been in a very similar situation to you I know how hard a decision this is to make. For me, it proved to be the best decision ever. I was fortunate to move into arboricultural sales so was able to stay wthin an industry I love. The real bonus was around six months into the new job I actually woke up one morning with no pain whatsoever, just proving really how physically demanding this industry is on your body.

Whatever you choose to do or which path fate takes you down I wish you all the best for your future.

33 maybe young to many of us. To a professional athlete it's retiring if not retired age.

Myself I'm not full time arb and if you do it after an absence of not doing it you know about it physically.

Not all us have the indestructible robust bodies that we'd like either.

I have changed my attitude to work in the last couple of years, I'm still addicted to it but don't try and do everything the hard way.

Self preservation has moved up the agenda.

Hey Adam

I don't know you but it seems from your posts over the years that you are made made to exist in the tree world.

Forget the Consultancy -

Good: Inspecting 2 or 3 nice trees for Dr Jones.

Bad: BS surveys with 87 trees surrounded by 20 years of human debris followed by hours of data processing sat at a Laptop. It take the fun out of working with trees and that is why I started on day 1.

I met a Tree Surgeon a few years back on Mentor training when I was doing my chipper assessment. He has gone on to run one of the most successful Arb. Training companies in the UK.

Running my own Training centre was the road I was going down before Consultancy.

Just need to be good at promoting the business and getting the phone

ringing.

95% of the time on training courses there was a great atmosphere - likeminded people have a good time.

Easy work, sensible hours, well paid, good working conditions - ooh I have got suitable Woodland, construct a nice timber training centre, perhaps there's still time for me :001_rolleyes:

I think your made for that career at this stage in your life.

You are well known, have massive respect in the industry and in the with all that top drawer experience you would be onto a winner:thumbup1:

Just watch the posts of support for you that follow this post (if the're not all in bed now).

Best of luck to you, but in your case luck will not be a requirement. :001_smile:

Hey guys

Really sorry for my delayed reply of all your messages. Firstly thanks again for all your support. I didn't realise i made such an impact on the forum or even the arb world!

It will be a while yet before I choose or even able to stop contract climbing, after all I have to put food on the table for the young ones and the mrs.

I like the sound of a future still within the arb world and teaching seems a very logic path to follow. That and LOLER and maybe some consultancy work if I ever get a chance to do the paper work side of things.

My injuries are painful relentless and there's no real cure for arthritis but I can bear with it until the industry takes me on another path.

Anyway thanks again all and I appreciate everything:)

Adam

Hey guys

Really sorry for my delayed reply of all your messages. Firstly thanks again for all your support. I didn't realise i made such an impact on the forum or even the arb world!

It will be a while yet before I choose or even able to stop contract climbing, after all I have to put food on the table for the young ones and the mrs.

I like the sound of a future still within the arb world and teaching seems a very logic path to follow. That and LOLER and maybe some consultancy work if I ever get a chance to do the paper work side of things.

My injuries are painful relentless and there's no real cure for arthritis but I can bear with it until the industry takes me on another path.

Anyway thanks again all and I appreciate everything:)

Adam

Hi ADAM well done mate teaching I know you will be good at and all so darts 180 👍nice one Adam Jon 👍