Parish council agree to fell tree - how to stop?

Two Acres

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some pictures on the faceache page.

https://www.facebook.com/LyngConkerTree/photos_stream?ref=page_internal

Chris

I see a basal cavity, dead roots, reactive growth from one union, crown die back (not near the line), heavy limb inclusion, discolouration that could be bleeding canker and possibly a girdling root, as there appears to be no basal flare on one side.

That's from seeing a picture and not investigating properly... It's not all I can see either, but as there are ribbons wrapped round it, I can't make out how bad the reactive wood that goes from the bottom upwards is.

And finally, to answer why they haven't fitted new lines through the tree, that pole is an 'open point', it's a separate circuit!

I see a basal cavity, dead roots, reactive growth from one union, crown die back (not near the line), heavy limb inclusion, discolouration that could be bleeding canker and possibly a girdling root, as there appears to be no basal flare on one side.

That's from seeing a picture and not investigating properly... It's not all I can see either, but as there are ribbons wrapped round it, I can't make out how bad the reactive wood that goes from the bottom upwards is.

And finally, to answer why they haven't fitted new lines through the tree, that pole is an 'open point', it's a separate circuit!

the tree is doomed i say doomed , :biggrin:

wen it sheds a limb on some kids head they will be bawling @ the pc asking why it wasnt REMOVED !!!!!:thumbdown:

the tree is doomed i say doomed , :biggrin:

wen it sheds a limb on some kids head they will be bawling @ the pc asking why it wasnt REMOVED !!!!!:thumbdown:

It's not what the OP wants to hear, but that's likely the case.

I fear the original survey was dumbed down a little too much or stevie wonder surveyed it. If you applied highway and utility clearances to it, you don't get much tree left.

I also see problems that are indirect to that trees failure, root compaction, from what I see it looks like a popular place for people to sit and walk around. It also has Guignardia leaf blotch which won't directly cause a tree to decline but if the tree is slightly struggling leaf blotch won't help the situation specially when the tree needs as much energy as it can get and you factor in what eddy has said this certainly won't help.

You also have to think about the future it's either going to fail or get bigger then fail that's what chestnuts do, it's not a woodland area where you can let nature to decide its course.

Basically it's a bit selfish trying to prolong the enivitable when you can fell, grind and plant something a bit more suitable in its place (away from the Powerline so it doesn't get pruned/interfered/ ruin it's form)

.............. It also has Guignardia leaf blotch which won't directly cause a tree to decline but if the tree is slightly struggling leaf blotch won't help the situation specially when the tree needs as much energy as it can get and you factor in what eddy has said this certainly won't help.

Hello CJM,

Which image (or images) have you identified Guignardia from?