lacking energy

simonm

That Sir is the problem; empty calories. Get some vegetables!

Correct

+1

+1

again, +1.

Not designed to work 7 days, simples.

Another thing; the comment above about clean organic natural food... couldn't agree more. <90% of the produce we buy in shops and supermarkets isn't food! Mass produced, refined, dead, junk, chemical soup is what it is. Aswell as the malnutrition, people are killing themselves with calorific poisoning - we eat way too much, myself included until I got sick.

I got seriously ill - CRON diet became a matter of life and death.

It the tree industry you are ahead of the paper pushing, office working types in as much as you get regular exercise out doors in the elements, but too much of a good thing can be a bad thing, so TCD's post is a good summary of the various bits of good advice already given.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is your recovery going?

Thanks for asking

Its slow going, I get a treatment for the heart attack and the subsequent stroke that was likely a result of the blood thinners that come as standard treatment for the heart attack

Bad living and genetic pre disposition were the causes so be careful how you live

Recovery is steady, by all accounts my progress is little short of miraculous but I am quite impatient.

Stay healthy people and don't abuse your bodies.

Thanks for asking

Its slow going, I get a treatment for the heart attack and the subsequent stroke that was likely a result of the blood thinners that come as standard treatment for the heart attack

Bad living and genetic pre disposition were the causes so be careful how you live

Recovery is steady, by all accounts my progress is little short of miraculous but I am quite impatient.

Stay healthy people and don't abuse your bodies.

Hi Andy, glad to hear you're making progress. If you don't mind my asking what kind of factors do you feel contributed to your heart attack/stroke? Age, lifestyle, diet etc.

I realise this is a personal question, and possibly inappropriate even, but I'm asking because I wonder how many of us could be heading down the same road.

Myself, I'm 26, pretty active at work, but nicotine, coffee and beer/wine are 3 of my major food groups. My cardio is pathetic and my eating habits are erratic at best. At 26 I always figure I can get away with it and that I'm too young to be running into serious health problems, but I guess most people feel that way until something proves them wrong.

Best wishes treequip, hope you make a full and as quick a recovery as possible.

Joe As you say we always think we are too young to have health problems. Friend of mine very similar to you, fit and active but had a genetic blood disorder died at 35, totally preventable. Not his particular problem but something like diabeties could affect blood sugar levels and presumably energy levels.

Always best to have regular checkups.

Hi Andy, glad to hear you're making progress. If you don't mind my asking what kind of factors do you feel contributed to your heart attack/stroke? Age, lifestyle, diet etc.

I realise this is a personal question, and possibly inappropriate even, but I'm asking because I wonder how many of us could be heading down the same road.

Myself, I'm 26, pretty active at work, but nicotine, coffee and beer/wine are 3 of my major food groups. My cardio is pathetic and my eating habits are erratic at best. At 26 I always figure I can get away with it and that I'm too young to be running into serious health problems, but I guess most people feel that way until something proves them wrong.

No problems answering

My father died of a heart condition and the quacks tell me I need to take care because I am genetically pre disposed

My heart attack was so minor, I just thought I had a touch of flu. the stroke however flattened me like an express train. Didn't come around for over 2 weeks and the nurses had me odds on for a box

In the past I largely ignored my health relying instead on hard work and my immortality, that was a bad plan, anyone relying on it is foolish.

I wouldn't have listened so I don't expect anyone else will. Do what you want with your health folks but don't be surprised if life bights you in the ass.

No problems answering

My father died of a heart condition and the quacks tell me I need to take care because I am genetically pre disposed

My heart attack was so minor, I just thought I had a touch of flu. the stroke however flattened me like an express train. Didn't come around for over 2 weeks and the nurses had me odds on for a box

In the past I largely ignored my health relying instead on hard work and my immortality, that was a bad plan, anyone relying on it is foolish.

I wouldn't have listened so I don't expect anyone else will. Do what you want with your health folks but don't be surprised if life bights you in the ass.

Sorry to hear about your health troubles Trequip - I wish you well with your recovery.

My Dad had a quadruple bypass and my family too have a pre-disposition to heart problems. If you don't mind me asking I'm wondering what you mean by 'ignored my health' Do you mean smoking? unhealthy eating? If I'm asking too personal a question here I'll undertsand if you don't answer. All the best

Sorry to hear about your health troubles Trequip - I wish you well with your recovery.

My Dad had a quadruple bypass and my family too have a pre-disposition to heart problems. If you don't mind me asking I'm wondering what you mean by 'ignored my health' Do you mean smoking? unhealthy eating? If I'm asking too personal a question here I'll undertsand if you don't answer. All the best

I am 50 years old and have spent 49 of them storing problems for myself. I hate smoking but I do like food.

I am 50 years old and have spent 49 of them storing problems for myself. I hate smoking but I do like food.

Sobering thoughts Andy.:blushing:

I think a few of us will treat reading this thread as a warning shot to slow down, relax, watch our diets and stress levels and cut back on the things that 60 years ago would have been considered 'treats'. Modern living standards and cheapness of food and drink mean these things become staples in our diet.

You can have too much of a good thing!

I have being working 7 days for the last couple of months, the last week or so I am seriously lacking energy by dinner time! I eat breakfast dinner etc but find that eating mars bars and drinking Lucozade lasts all of 20 mins before I am knackered again! What do you eat to keep your energy levels up?

The only thing that will frighten a 26 year old man into changing his lifestyle is the possibility of losing anything to do with his reproductive parts!

Telling him that he may end up like poor old Treequip with heart problems. or end up like others with diabetes when they are middle aged seems so far away when you are in your mid twenties that you tend to say "What the hell, have another few packets of crisps and diet coke followed by a Mars or two washed down later with a pub session."

But tell him that his willie will drop off or his gonads will shrivel, then it is a different story!