Cutting out when hot any ideas?

mk1mad

My mcculloch cs410 (same as husky 435) has started cutting out when hot. It's been worked pretty hard all day Friday & Saturday & tonight it's stared buggering about! Almost feels/sounds like it's being starved of fuel/air it'll run fine from cold, cut a log & half then once hot will struggle to take throttle & stall as soon as the chain touches timber.

I've cleaned the fuel filter(wasn't dirty), checked tank for debris, cleaned air filter, air passages, inlet housing & flywheel, checked oil ways clear & chain not seizing, short of stripping the carb, which I don't want to do unless totally necessary incase I damage a gasket, I don't know what to do next!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Yip, exactly the same saw, from the same factory just a different branding on the outside covers, every component from the chain tensioner, barrel, spark plug to the air filter etc etc are stamped Husqvarna, when I bought it a couple of years ago it was about £100 cheaper than the equivalent husky, the prices are the same now, only you get a longer bar & chain with the mcculloch...

Husqvarna 435 Petrol Chainsaw (38 - 45cm Guide Bar)

McCulloch CS410 Elite Petrol Chainsaw (45cm Guide-Bar)

The first thing I did was put in anew plug yesterday mate.

Stripped the carb this afternoon, no obvious gunk/sawdust in there, diaghpram looks good, gave everything a good clean & rebuilt, cleaned out fuel tank again just incase, checked all fuel lines etc, all seem good, checked spark arrestor & muffler, again all good....still struggling when hot, works perfect when cold-warmish, once you've done maybe 10-15 cuts it won't take throttle & just dies, does this with chain bar off as well (just wanted to eliminate the chain possibly overheating & seizing up) let it cool down & does the same all over again!

It started idling higher than it used to, I'm beginning to think perhaps the carb needs adjusted as it sounds like it's getting starved of fuel once it heats up but until I get the right tool to set it I obviously can't! Hate it when manufacturers employ sneak tactics to make joe bloggs have to go to a service centre!

There's plenty of compression & starts & idles fine when hot - doesn't show barrel/piston/rings symptoms to me, just won't take anything over 1/2 throttle or load.

It might well be spark it's losing, how would I check the condenser?

It started idling higher than it used to, I'm beginning to think perhaps the carb needs adjusted as it sounds like it's getting starved of fuel once it heats up but until I get the right tool to set it I obviously can't! Hate it when manufacturers employ sneak tactics to make joe bloggs have to go to a service centre!

I have a Husqvarna 135 similar saw and I bought a splined driver for about £6. It's hardly sneak tactics you can adjust them with a Biro stem or an electrical connector on the end of a flat screwdriver or take the screws out and cut a slot in them.