550xp or Echo equivalent?

Old Mill Tree Care

About 3 - 4 months ago the boss ditched a number of knackered Stihl saws and replaced them with 3 Echo CS450's. For the first three weeks the lads didn't like them and grabbed the remaining stihls first.

After the first month it became noticeable that the Echo's would be the first choice and the stihl's became the saws left on the hooks for the late-comers. He's now added two more and they're all getting hammered daily with no complaints from anyone.

I personally have 4 echo saws and their blower and find them all excellent and easy to start. They all took a few litres through them to reach their full potential.

Boss has now bought an echo as his personal saw and has confirmed that he will be replacing any future breakdowns with Echos :) :)

This has been my experience - although the big backpack blower ran like a dream straight out the box!

The Echos or a few of them seem to run like a bag of old nails to start with!! Poor run up, not reaching full revs etc...

The CS280WES after 3 tanks is ony just starting to sound right and was horrible to use to start with... but I think it will be 6 tanks before it is running as it should, the 620SX is now running beautifully after around 5 tanks.. in fact one of the nicest saws I have ever used.

:001_smile:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been my experience - although the big backpack blower ran like a dream straight out the box!

The Echos or a few of them seem to run like a bag of old nails to start with!! Poor run up, not reaching full revs etc...

The CS280WES after 3 tanks is ony just starting to sound right and was horrible to use to start with... but I think it will be 6 tanks before it is running as it should, the 620SX is now running beautifully after around 5 tanks.. in fact one of the nicest saws I have ever used.

You are the lucky owner of a 620SX eh?! My next 60cc saw for sure; tried one, had the 600 so know what they're about. But longing to get a 620 well run-in and into some timber...:thumbup1:

You gone off dolmar?

No but I've always loved Echos. In general I prefer Japanese engineering over German and I would trust an Echo (kioritz 2-stroke) engine over anything else.

I've got a CS8002 Echo; it will outlast a 7910 Dol by decades but never get as much wood on the floor. The 620 is the one Echo that I have to say I just prefer over the dol 6100

No but I've always loved Echos. In general I prefer Japanese engineering over German and I would trust an Echo (kioritz 2-stroke) engine over anything else.

I've got a CS8002 Echo; it will outlast a 7910 Dol by decades but never get as much wood on the floor. The 620 is the one Echo that I have to say I just prefer over the dol 6100

But the Germans are anal and precise with engineering! But I suppose the Japanese are better with metal.

But the Germans are anal and precise with engineering! But I suppose the Japanese are better with metal.

Open up a Toyota avensis vs a VW Golf. Everything is smaller in the Toyota; tiny precision parts all thought out. Germanic is noticeably bigger and tougher and carefully put together but not quite to the insane detail of the Jap motor.

Different culture and mentality really show through the construction...

Open up a Toyota avensis vs a VW Golf. Everything is smaller in the Toyota; tiny precision parts all thought out. Germanic is noticeably bigger and tougher and carefully put together but not quite to the insane detail of the Jap motor.

Different culture and mentality really show through the construction...

Yeah, compare a stereotypical German man to a Japanese man, that avensis is probably huge over there!

That's typical of most Echo saws in my experience, once bedded in they run lovely, it is worth persevering.:thumbup1: