Farmers take milk off shelves at large supermarkets Re price of milk

mendiplogs

I see that but how do you propose giving the backing to the small farmers(sub 500 acres) they would simply go out of business without them.

The big landowners may simply give up and let the countryside go to ruin as they will not want to farm(produce) without the subsidies.

And what about the general public do you think they want to pay the true price of the food they eat? I for 1 don't think they would like to pay full price.

To look at it another way if the price of food was to double(or more) how would the poorest in the country cope?

We do pay full price! We pay cheap at the Supermarket, well, some people do, then pay through our taxes to subsidise farming

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We do pay full price! We pay cheap at the Supermarket, well, some people do, then pay through our taxes to subsidise farming

The poorest in the country don't pay tax(income tax anyway) big business and billionaires pay most of it!!

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/income-tax-liabilities-statistics-tax-year-2012-to-2013-to-tax-year-2015-to-2016

Without government assistance prices would go up and in turn wages would go up and if the large farms decided they did not want to be in the farming business any more they could sell out to everyone else that wanted to in the first place.

O and the best part the takers would finally have a reason to complain since the alternative would be starvation followed by room or outside body temp.

The makers would not have to rely on supporting the takers since most of them could actually contribute to society in some positive way instead of leaching off the system. It could happen, let's hope voluntarily as opposed to by force.

easy-lift guy

Do you have the same kind of subsidies in the U.S. for farming?

Just wondering not trying to argue as I have no idea

That"we" don't pay the full price

Yes we do! If not at the Shops/Butchers we pay it in tax, to pay farmers!

You can argue til you're blue in the face, facts are facts, almost!

How much did your farther sell his 300 acres for?

Edited by eggsarascal

Do you have the same kind of subsidies in the U.S. for farming?

Just wondering not trying to argue as I have no idea

Yes we do and I hate it 100 times more because we have less and less makers every year. At present 93 million out of over 330 million are UN and Under employed in my country:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

easy-lift guy

Yes we do! If not at the shops/Butchers, we pay it in tax, to pay farmers!

You can argue til you're blue in the face, facts are facts, almost!

How much did your farther sell his 300 acres for?

I'm not arguing facts the fact is a small minority pay most of the income tax so it's not really we but a few of us.(not including me)

As for how much he sold for I really don't know the final figure after taxes it was ten years ago so prices were nowhere near today's prices. Yes it was a lot of money but then it was 45 years of graft from him and my grandad( they bought the farm when my dad was 14) and spent 30 years paying for it and came close to losing it more than once.

Why do people not like to see people do well in this country?

I'm not arguing facts the fact is a small minority pay most of the income tax so it's not really we but a few of us.(not including me)

As for how much he sold for I really don't know the final figure after taxes it was ten years ago so prices were nowhere near today's prices. Yes it was a lot of money but then it was 45 years of graft from him and my grandad( they bought the farm when my dad was 14) and spent 30 years paying for it and came close to losing it more than once.

Why do people not like to see people do well in this country?

Don't go down that, people not like seeing other people doing well route! It boils my piss!:thumbdown:

Why should one industry still get outdated subsides, yet others are left to rot?