New chipper arrived today

Gray git

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI.. Kubota don't actually warrant the engines on Forst machines.

*Not that there is normally a problem with Kubota's engines*

I wonder why they don't although you're right, when do Kubota engines fail?

FYI, I've got two years on the Kubota in my Jensen and I think Greenmech do the same.

😜

They purchase their engines from a Kubota engine dealer not direct from Kubota. Whether this is partly why Kubota don't actually back Forst I'm not 100% sure and also wouldn't want to speculate either.

For the end user their is nothing really wrong with Forst supporting the engines and the small amount of Warranty work which they will inherit.

The problem lies when say there is a manufacturing defect on a batch of new engines (which isn't uncommon on modern cars) Forst unknowingly fit a batch of V1505 Kubota's into chippers and have multiple failures in early hours. Where does that leave the customer who's just paid £16,000 for a new chipper?

I'm not saying that will happen but it's possible.

Yes Kubota give 2 years on engines. I used to sell GM chippers and if there is an engine fault the Kubota engine dealer attends the fault. Which in my dealings with a few different ones have always been very thorough and professional.

Edited by GA Groundcare

Good Afternoon all

We would just like to put right the previous comment posted by another wood chipper supplier.

Kubota do give a warranty on engines in Först machines. The same 2 year Kubota warranty is given with a Först machine as it is in any other machine with this engine.

We would also like to confirm that the axles on the ST6 machine are rated to 1350kg and the axles on ST8 are rated to 1500kg. These are heavy duty wheel and axle combinations which well exceed what is required for the weight of the machine. We can also confirm there were a number of early Först machines with a different axle and tyre combination, some of which failed. These have all been up graded under warranty.

As many excellent customers on this forum will testify, we will stand by our brand and by you as customers who have put your trust in us. We won't let you down!

We would also like to make the following clear to help clients understand what may appear as a confusing situation:

The Först machine isn't a 'fake' Jensen! Redwood Global would still be the sole Jensen agent today if we wanted to be. Instead we chose of our own will to design, build and put to market a machine which we could see the industry needed. The industry needed a robust, tough, fast machine with a backup, support and warranty unmatched in the industry at a sensible price. That is exactly what we delivered and as a result have sold volumes of machines far in excess of what the company ever achieved before. As a result Jensen quite understandably terminated the relationship with Redwood and set up a number of smaller dealers around the UK. An agreement Redwood is very happy with.

Redwood will never slate the Jensen product and has no need to do so. Jensen is a good machine and Redwood still has many Jensen’s on its hire fleet. However the Först machine is a culmination of the company's knowledge and experience of the industry, and is based on a clear understanding of what you as tree surgeons and contractors need from quality, performance and back up perspectives.

Redwood sells direct to clients across the UK and services though a national network of support agents.

As a new machine to the market the brand did have some teething issues and we own those 100%. Our response to those is to sort them out fast, and to offer a no quibble back up and support and to continue to listen to the market to develop and offer the best product on the market.

We would welcome anyone to visit our production facility in Andover to see for yourself the scale at which we operate and to experience the exceptional service we offer. With millions of pounds worth of machinery and spare parts for both Först and Jensen in stock, with over 33,000 square foot of production and service facility we are certainly one of the most progressive companies in the industry.

Thanks again to all our customers, and a big welcome to anyone who haven’t tried Först yet – we look forward to welcoming you, it’s a great industry and we share your passion!

The Först Team

Edited by Forst Woodchippers

Thank-you for putting that 1 to bed lads, I did go have a look at my paperwork from you and though it was funny about the engine warranty.

Great sales team with easy communication from 1st enquiry to being delivered last week.

Thanks

John Lawrence

I wonder why they don't although you're right, when do Kubota engines fail?

FYI, I've got two years on the Kubota in my Jensen and I think Greenmech do the same.

😜

Place I used to work had the kubota engine replaced under warranty on there greenmech 150

My TR6 has being a brutal machine when it comes to mashing brash up :thumbup1: had a faulty control unit when i got it but Forst sorted it within the next day and its being fine since. Only thing i don't like about the machine is the way you have to change the blades seems arse about tit and a bit fiddely :001_huh: other than that good machine :thumbup: