Lunches while at work- How important to get it right?

Sharpy92

I can't stand those 2 hour 5 course lunches in restaurants, I'm never that hungry and I'd rather have a short break, finish the job and go home.

(Like today, home in time for the cycling)

1 hour lunch actually and your home early each day due to lack of work more like...:001_tt2:

Ty

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyway I suppose everyone is different, I like a decent breakfast, few sarnies during the day, if I have the big lunch that Ty refers to I become sluggish in the afternoon, plus it means I have to take a dump. Which can be inconvenient.

One thing I do miss about blighty is the multitude of shops/garages selling treats like wine gums, barbecue hula hoops and, in high summer, that unbeatable sensual pleasure a forest fruit solero! Great for the way home to beat the mid/late afternoon energy slump.

I do save a lot of money not buying that stuff though, day after day it adds up.

Hi

In France lunch is the most important meal of the day, a good lunch will keep you fired up for the afternoon, but taking 2 hours & a bottle of wine to go with it maybe pushing it!

N

Our company spent over 7k on feeding it's employees last financial year.

I find a decent 3/4 course restaurant lunch (wine optional) motivational, bonding and when the weather is against us gives an essential break.

We eat a healthy balanced and substantial meal most working days in the warm and dry.

I pity those who huddle 3 to a transit cab on wet Winters days...:thumbup:

Ty

Bon appetite! ça c'est très agréable - et jouer au boules après?

N

Lunch should most definately be light. :thumbup1: However, a lot of people can't stomach the "breakfast like a king" before starting work i.e. pre 8am so need to fix something at 10. If this isn't possible, don't eat after 7pm the night before.

When I'm good I make a smoothie in the morning with bananas, blueberries and a good couple of teaspoons of peanut butter. Tried having steak and eggs for breakfast once (even got up early) and physically couldn't manage to swallow it.

Lunch is chicken or mackerel usually, twice a day.

Eating at work is very important and has a massive effect on energy levels. Breakfast is also important. I'm one of the ones who can't stomach a big breakfast first thing, but I can handle a big smoothie full of fruits, spinach, raw eggs and almond milk.

That sounds disgusting Steve. Healthy I'm sure, but I'll bet it's a frothy pond water like concoction.

I used to make a "5 a day smoothie" with spinach, kale, purple sprouting broccoli, orange and something else, with a few eggs for good measure. I could practically chew it. It didn't taste as bad as I thought, but the effect it had on my bowels meant I didn't dare fart for the rest of the day!

When I'm good I make a smoothie in the morning with bananas, blueberries and a good couple of teaspoons of peanut butter. Tried having steak and eggs for breakfast once (even got up early) and physically couldn't manage to swallow it.

Lunch is chicken or mackerel usually, twice a day.

That sounds disgusting Steve. Healthy I'm sure, but I'll bet it's a frothy pond water like concoction.

I used to make a "5 a day smoothie" with spinach, kale, purple sprouting broccoli, orange and something else, with a few eggs for good measure. I could practically chew it. It didn't taste as bad as I thought, but the effect it had on my bowels meant I didn't dare fart for the rest of the day!

nah, my blenders pretty powerful, comes out night smooth consistency but you have to down it in a oner as it soon goes a bit stodgy

Can i come work for you :biggrin:

Our company spent over 7k on feeding it's employees last financial year.

I find a decent 3/4 course restaurant lunch (wine optional) motivational, bonding and when the weather is against us gives an essential break.

We eat a healthy balanced and substantial meal most working days in the warm and dry.

I pity those who huddle 3 to a transit cab on wet Winters days...:thumbup:

Ty

I can't manage a big meal at dinner, usually have a pasta salad and a yoghurt or couple of pieces of home made quiche and yoghurt or tin of mackerel in sauce with few slices of bread and butter for a change, usually take a scotch egg for morning break, don't tend to take anything for afternoon break now as tend not to eat it.