who prices when on holiday

jose

True Mark.

I'm on holiday now, I'm still available for the lads to contact if the have a problem but I'm not answering calls. I'm forwarding the odd email but that's about it. If I ignored work altogether the worry of things going wrong would spoil the holiday.

It's a balancing act.

:thumbup1: Word!!!:thumbup1:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like its time to give any trusted employees the opportunity to do some quotes while you are away.

A good way to invest in your workforce and raise people up.

My thoughts exactly

Most important is that you and your loved ones get a proper holiday. Even if you are prepared to have a substandard hoilday you wife and family may not. Presumably you are taking your family so give them 100% of your time.

By leaving one of your employees in charge/ doing quotes you boost their morale and they will also realise the extras you have to do. Even if mistakes are made the trust you show will be repaid in ways you might not realise. You are saying to your staff "I have confidence in you."

Or don't you trust them?

By all means leave instruction to contact you in a real emergency but you never know what's around the corner so make the most of your holiday.

When abroad, I do take calls from time to time if I am the point of contact for the client.

This causes problems as I use my Moroccan mobile (low cost international calling)

When the number is shown many people don't respond or even cut me off.

One has even just shouted abuse down the phone thinking that I am a phoney Microsoft engineer from Mumbai.

Ty

I got a climber to do quotes while I went on holiday a few years ago. He didn't think he'd be any good at it but was actually loads better than me. I haven't really quoted a job since. He now deals with all the calls, quotes and work planning. As you've got plenty of work on let one of your guys have a go at it. As long as he prices on the high side you've nothing to lose. Have a great holiday!

Thanks guys.

Yes i would normally let my lead climber quote for me but for some reason he has taken a dive for the worse with regards to work.

Says hes bored and is thinking of another career! Just what i dont want before i go away.

Normally he would be spot on but lately hes been very hard work to work with and shows no sign of improving. Way hes going im not sure id want to risk asking him!

But under normal circumstances i would ask him. if Anything he prices better then me!

I am taking the family and dont want to waste it working.

I am going to Cypress, never been before. A good friend is getting married out there hence the location but i do hear good things.