Assumption of planning approval on "brown" better than building on "green?"

kevinjohnsonmbe

How are they going to define the term?

In whatever way suits them best, and when and if it goes wrong they will just say "oh well"

They are politicians and as such are only interested in securing another term, just assume whatever they say is lies and you wont go far wrong

I often think the green patches of land within the urban environment are more important to the wellbeing of locals than the loss of small amounts of the rolling countryside. I find it very sad when small green island are ripped up and built over, simply because they once built on in some way. They are also of high value to wildlife.

All very good, valid points!

I suspect the intent of the 'strategic politician' will be eroded, choked and extinguished by the lethargy and stifling inertia of local government "tactical civil servant' in any case....

It took us well over a year to get a decision to put a small piece of hardstanding down for a couple of bins at our place.

When the decision came it was ...NO

Yet down the road they've put up a small development of luxury (and I use the term loosely) on a green field site.

I know I'm being cynical here but I wonder how that happened?

It took us well over a year to get a decision to put a small piece of hardstanding down for a couple of bins at our place.

Yet down the road they've put up a small development of luxury (and I use the term loosely) on a green field site.

"Luxury" houses that is.

LAs have targets to reach, one of which is to allow/allocate land for development for both social and 'to buy' properties. Gotta tick those boxes or ya aint doing the job:biggrin:

LAs have targets to reach, one of which is to allow/allocate land for development for both social and 'to buy' properties. Gotta tick those boxes or ya aint doing the job:biggrin:

Its not just the LA's. The government has been quite open about building our way out of recession for years so there has never been a better time to get planning consent. If the LA refuses there's a good chance the pins inspector will give it. If you work in LA you will see it all the time. Plus there is a national housing shortage.

Secondly LA's need to generate income especially since the government has cut central funding. Planning apps attract a fee as does the discharge of conditions. Then you have s106 and CIL money if you manage to squeeze it out of the developer although the term 'not in the margins' is becoming more and more familiar in planning committee meetings.

Most importantly luxury homes or any type of home for that matter pay council tax and the inhabitants spend money in the local supermarket so yet more wealth for the district.

There is your planning justification. What would the LPA get out of giving consent to store extra bins? if they are visible from the street scene just a load of complaints in my experience.