Whats the current state of the industry workwise?

Steve Bullman

Bit diff for me as i work on Estates, work for three, then given another site by 1, another bought a second house. They then recommended me to someone else, very nice and all that but at 63 I am trying to slow down a bit and there are only 7 days in the week last time I looked.

Not going to employ staff, been there done that, had a Ranger and a Transit, 3 of us etc.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the 10+years that i've been running my business I have found every year that Apr, May, Jun to be the quiet quarter of the year (especially June) but then it goes manic as soon as we hit July.

My theory is that after the cold winter months people are so relieved and appreciative of the beauty of the fresh spring leaf and flowers that it's not until later into Summer when the tree start to put on extension growth and block out the summer light that they then remember they want to do something about that tree.

So i'm not worried.

In the 10+years that i've been running my business I have found every year that Apr, May, Jun to be the quiet quarter of the year (especially June) but then it goes manic as soon as we hit July.

My theory is that after the cold winter months people are so relieved and appreciative of the beauty of the fresh spring leaf and flowers that it's not until later into Summer when the tree start to put on extension growth and block out the summer light that they then remember they want to do something about that tree.

So i'm not worried.

As above when I used to do treework. Then hedge trimming really kicks in in July.

I'm wondering if the effects of the storms a year and a half ago are now wearing off. It gave a very big boost to the industry in general Feb 2014 onwards....

10 o'clock and 5 calls already , have always been busy BUT it will soon change when the old school customers pass away has they are the sensible ones who like there Gardens and have good pensions, the younger generation are a pain in the arse and there priorities are wrong .

In ten years time the Private Garden maintenance will not be worth a carrot .

Ste

So i'm not worried.

Spot on Wolfie, I find it the same. I look back at my old diary's and it's the same every year.