Sprinter or Transit

WeFixIt

Citroen Relay??

I looked at the mercs, transits and ultimately bought a relay. Just seemed a better drive and front wheel drive so a low load bed.

I ran a relay for 5 yrs,just chopped it in for a Renault master ex council with all the toys 44k miles almost services to death. As long as you take into account fwd there just as good.

I've just sold my mwb transit, it was a good van but suffered from severe rust, like all transits. Diesel pump can be an issue and is expensive when it goes.

I've now bought a vw lt28 which so far seems good. It's got nearly 200,000 miles and runs perfectly, good mpg. It's a bit slow and the cab is very simple and a bit German but it feels like it will keep going forever & no rust! Body is same a sprinter but engine isn't. Sprinters suffer from electronic injector issues apparently, they can get seized in the head which is a costly repair. Although I think they're chain cam and the vw is a belt.

I did a lot of research into vans and basically they all suffer from problems. Some people get a good one and will say its amazing, others will have exactly the same van and it will be terrible!

One major plus about not driving a transit is you won't get pulled over as much!

As for ride and comfort - important as we travel up to 100 miles in any direction!!

Has anyone had issues with the rear o/s mirror view on a sprinter with regards to the window divider seems to fall right inline with the middle of the mirror!!!?

The transit that is due to go was an ex network rail 2 man crew van came with hot water boiler microwave hand wash and independent cab heater all there are good in winter but surplus weight the rest of the year

we use sprinters for service vans and they are the only things that last transits just fall to bits almost all the plant fitters in scotland use either mercs or vw crafters the only issues I've had were the fan belt tensioner fell to bits and the cable track inside the side door got torn out but that was due to crap rolling about the back of the van and falling in the runner

As for ride and comfort - important as we travel up to 100 miles in any direction!!

Has anyone had issues with the rear o/s mirror view on a sprinter with regards to the window divider seems to fall right inline with the middle of the mirror!!!?

The transit that is due to go was an ex network rail 2 man crew van came with hot water boiler microwave hand wash and independent cab heater all there are good in winter but surplus weight the rest of the year

Our window dividers on our x reg are several inches behind line of sight. Heater cable clip broken , side door is a bit iffy to lock, Small electrical issue a long time ago causing it not to rev. Cannot remember exactly but I think something to do with a switch or something in the throttle area. Still drives well but then again so do the transits I have driven.