eBay prats

Daniel Jiggins

Yeah cheers, The system is wrong as it only protects the buyers it would seem.

As far as I am aware you can't list anymore if you don't link to a paypal account.

Ebay is crap now.

Got to agree. Been stung too. Buyer pays way over the value for a pair of shoes, claims they didn't turn up (concierge didn't sign for, how convenient) and claims full refund, buggered both ways, paypal helps itself. :thumbdown:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife is a habitual ebay buyer, and rates the Paypal protection very highly, and has not-infrequently invoked it, ALWAYS as a result of either; quite deliberate seller mis-description, cunningly posed photo angles (to obscure wear or damage), or shoddy packaging (like simply stuffed in a single plastic bag, resulting in broken goods on reciept.

All seller faults, mostly deliberate.

We now open and all-round photo all deliveries on reciept.

M

Have you ended up keeping items and getting refunded?

It's good there is a system in place but it's not fit for purpose and open widely to fraudsters / people taking advantage.

Daniel,

The wife asks ALL the right/pertinent questions, prior to purchasing, and in some cases, like the otherwise pristine Kenwood Major, (which had been bought primarily due to the spotless condition of the heavy glass blender jug) and which parcel rattled like a bag of bottles immediately on delivery, the seller said to keep it rather than him pay the return postage.

This item, despite the probably 1.0kg plus weight of the glass jug was stuffed, unpackaged in a cardboard carton with nowt to protect the heavy glass from being jarred against the even heavier metal casing, scheesh!

The next Major turned up, and turned out to be "not as described" i.e. it did not work, like it were claimed to "100%", plus the high res photo was kinda oddly? taken of the back of the machine, therefore not showing the busted (& long time busted) control knob.

The shagged-done pair of Carshoe shoes, being describes as "hardly worn/like new", the seller then claimed the Mrs. had wore them done in a week, despite them never even being tried on, cos they were in such bad shape.

We have never denied recieving delivery, despite to be signed for parcels being left on the back door step(as we know the local courier) and ALWAYS follow ebay and Paypal protocals

Ditto the discs for the Magimix which were advertised as, and double checked on, as being genuine Magimix, they were not, some shitty poor, probably Chinese copy.

but

The plusses, mostly on fabric, some direct from Japan(Kiminos for the Silk), some lovely genuine sellers.

Though some sellers appear to be unaware of the existence of tape measures, mixing their feet up with metres etc etc, oddly (statistically) the item always being smaller than described!

We try and "do as we would be done onto"

Regards,

Marcus

Edited by difflock

Daniel,

The wife asks ALL the right/pertinent questions, prior to purchasing, and in some cases, like the otherwise pristine Kenwood Major, (which had been bought primarily due to the spotless condition of the heavy glass blender jug) and which parcel rattled like a bag of bottles immediately on delivery, the seller said to keep it rather than him pay the return postage.

This item, despite the probably 1.0kg plus weight of the glass jug was stuffed, unpackaged in a cardboard carton with nowt to protect the heavy glass from being jarred against the even heavier metal casing, scheesh!

The next Major turned up, and turned out to be "not as described" i.e. it did not work, like it were claimed to "100%", plus the high res photo was kinda oddly? taken of the back of the machine, therefore not showing the busted (& long time busted) control knob.

The shagged-done pair of Carshoe shoes, being describes as "hardly worn/like new", the seller then claimed the Mrs. had wore them done in a week, despite them never even being tried on, cos they were in such bad shape.

We have never denied recieving delivery, despite to be signed for parcels being left on the back door step(as we know the local courier) and ALWAYS follow ebay and Paypal protocals

Ditto the discs for the Magimix which were advertised as, and double checked on, as being genuine Magimix, they were not, some shitty poor, probably Chinese copy.

but

The plusses, mostly on fabric, some direct from Japan(Kiminos for the Silk), some lovely genuine sellers.

Though some sellers appear to be unaware of the existence of tape measures, mixing their feet up with metres etc etc, oddly (statistically) the item always being smaller than described!

We try and "do as we would be done onto"

Regards,

Marcus

You sound well within your rights to a refund for those items.

It's just there is a minority abusing the system, I sold over 500 items with 100% feedback and 4.9 for item description just seems wrong a new member with 2 feedbacks can buy and scam you. Common sense the person who has been trading on there for ten years and has the feedback to prove should be the most trustworthy.

Daniel,

This is why I leave ebaying to Senior Managment, she is meticioulous in research, and NEVER FORGETS owt.

Well cept her age, n perhaps her exact weight, n her waist size, n other minor details.

Quite why she deemed me to be marrying material is a source of constant wonder to me!

Frugal, good mother, stylish dresser, non-drinker, good listener, most Excellent negeotiater, Private girls School educated!, excellent Cook n baker n jam maker, need I go on?

And an astounding judge of character,(well she DID pick moi!) with the knack of seeing or hearing what is NOT being said, i.e. spotting the delibrate omissions

She has other attributes I will NOT discuss on here. tee hee.

Daniel,

This is why I leave ebaying to Senior Managment, she is meticioulous in research, and NEVER FORGETS owt.

Well cept her age, n perhaps her exact weight, n her waist size, n other minor details.

Quite why she deemed me to be marrying material is a source of constant wonder to me!

Frugal, good mother, stylish dresser, non-drinker, good listener, most Excellent negeotiater, Private girls School educated!, excellent Cook n baker n jam maker, need I go on?

And an astounding judge of character,(well she DID pick moi!) with the knack of seeing or hearing what is NOT being said, i.e. spotting the delibrate omissions

She sounds a great lay.... Oh sorry mean catch 😊😊😊😊

Daniel,

Was she standing behind you with a gun to your head while you wrote that:-)

She sounds a great lay.... Oh sorry mean catch

Well, actually, since we bin practising since Feb 1982, kinda finally got it properly sussed:001_tt2::lol::001_tt2::lol::001_tt2:

These young-uns only bes deluding themselves, as they do rightly say, the older the Fiddle, the sweeter the tune!

m

PS

Anyone ever in Ballycastle, wanting a "feed o meat" visit the Anzac Bistro, for a steak, absolutly amazing quality, with equally good Guiness, and wonderful friendly staff.

5 weeks in a row of a Wed night, quite perfect, n I bes a right picky bugger.

Edited by difflock