Yell.com

Dean O

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yellow paqges and yell.com waste of time, money and effort! As rupe said the percentages don't add up! spent £6k over two years and when i closed the business i looked back and found that jobs from them wouldn't have covered this cost hence i struggled to pay them! Networking, and the basic ads in shops and word of mouth far more effective and better on the finances:thumbup: IMO yellow pages is a reference for people to find your number after a recomendation or someone who wants every tree surgeon around to give them a price then go with the cheapest:laugh1:

i had Yel.com call me again last week with the same old sales patter trying to get me to sign up but , so i asked them to put all of their figures in wrighting also outlining there promise of an increase of over %20 in work , a week later i have not heard from them since !!!! personally i really can not see any point in advertising with them , i was chatting to a media consultant several weeks ago and he pointed me in the wright direction as far as advertising goes , hence why i will not be bothering with big adverts in phone directories , however i will now concentrait on other forms of advertising such as local papers , also i have worked out that the ammount of money i will save will more than cover buying an advertising trailer lol , has anyone thought of using estate agents boards ??

my mate has put a temporary banner up advertising his tree surgery company, its on the busiest road in cornwall nearly at the main junction to the only city, Truro. Commuters have to wait there every morning. He's been getting a lot of calls including the largest public school in the county, good for me cos he's got no kit and he gets me in to climb/plant hire etc. Have to check with the Council before the banner goes up though.

I always post a leaflet through all the neighbours doors advertising our services and apologising for the noise at any jobs i am on, i also staple a laminated card to the outside of any fences i erect saying who done the job.

Gets your name about and something always comes in.

And i get work through yell.com :001_rolleyes:

my mate has put a temporary banner up advertising his tree surgery company, its on the busiest road in cornwall nearly at the main junction to the only city, Truro. Commuters have to wait there every morning. He's been getting a lot of calls including the largest public school in the county, good for me cos he's got no kit and he gets me in to climb/plant hire etc. Have to check with the Council before the banner goes up though.

lol you must have seen him coming :laugh1: