Need a big saw.

Daythe trees

Right then, I'm decided I like the 395 and find the straight lines easier to make the cuts with than the big stills so time to invest. Showing my poor skills here!

Anybody got a 395 they wish to part with?

Spud can I book one in for " fettling" when I get it?

No problems :thumbup:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jon

I've got 14 saws here over 90cc 10 of them you would need a winch to get them up a tree :thumbup::lol:

These are for sale

2 x ps-7910. 24"-28" sugihara /Oregon bar. new

1 x ps-9010. 24"-32" sugihara / Oregon bar, on order

1 x Efco 199 36" bar second hand

1 x husqvarna 394xpg usa spec 24" -30" sugihara / Oregon bar in transit

1 x stihl Ms 650 not sure what bar size it's a trade in due in next week

Happy to help with any info

Hi Andrew nice one mate hope to see you soon mate thanks Jon

I can strongly recomend the ps7900 or bigger its the old sacks dolmar saws they sold them off cheap when Makita brought them out, if you want to buy new take a look at the new Makita range its as quick as the husky but cheaper and the vibration level is a lot lower than both of them as they use double damperning system, go onto makitas web site get the code number then go to ebay.de (german site) you will find them a couple of hundred £ cheaper than the UK the shipping is about 18 euros weve change fromthe main streem stuff as its not as good as the Makita and makita is cheaper

I would Go for the 395 as you will get alot more use from it. Unless you are doing loads of really big stuff, you will not need a larger saw. The 395 is so much more comfortable to use than the 120 or 880. I have an 880 and wish i got a 395. Also the 395 is awesome.

Wisecobandit handed me a new 395xp to play with for the day a few weeks back, tink twas on a 30'' bar and i loved it. It had a muff mod already done by him and i reckon with some porting it would easily pull a 36'' bar. Much noicer dan any stihl 660/880 i have used in the past.

Hi Jon,

you had an 880, is it better than 395 for general big stuff or would you just have an 880 for milling?

All the best

Hi GTS I've not used a 395 but way ton mate ok on large butt on the ground GTS I would think a good Daul ported 660 would keep with a 395 or out see one thanks Jon