Post your stump grinding photos

Stefan Palokangas

6 minutes ago, josharb87 said:

Knocked today’s felling job off due to the weather, went grinding instead, doesn’t look it in the pics but it was bloody windy, wet and cold! Thankful for the harkie smock and woolpower thermals!

9 stumps averaging 120cm diameter plus surface roots in 3,5 hours 

1C9DB535-7460-484A-9583-4BD99D341E15.thumb.jpeg.31aa21e227293777d374f3f6475cda97.jpeg

Don't blame you.  Weathers really turned here as well the past couple weeks.  Bloody glad i'm not still climbing.  Although I did get talked into doing a weeks felling earlier somehow.

Going to invest in some more of those woolpower baselayers for picus testing, thats going to be a cold old job otherwise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

Don't blame you.  Weathers really turned here as well the past couple weeks.  Bloody glad i'm not still climbing.  Although I did get talked into doing a weeks felling earlier somehow.

Going to invest in some more of those woolpower baselayers for picus testing, thats going to be a cold old job otherwise.

I've got some UA brushed cotton thermal base layers on their way, ill let you know if they're any good

15 minutes ago, josharb87 said:

That looks like a handy grinder! Is the swing as wide as it looks it should be? whats the HP,fuel,length, price? Radio controlled?

Its a belting machine that I can't recommend higher and I now enjoy grinding. 

Swing is massive and makes big stumps alot easier. 

Lever control as I couldn't justify the extra cost for radio control and blade. 

30hp, diesel, I think about 8.5ft long. Was around mid 20's including vat but don't quite me on that as I'm not 100%

Jim

• Like 1

• 1 month later...