Which tracked chipper to go for TW190 or Jensen 530

GJT

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a a530 really didn't rate it had to sned a lot of brash down to get it through became a pain after a while. I suppose it depends one what kind of work you do, lots of take downs and large fells IME the a530 isn't the best.

Again also had a 190 at a previous place and it was far better than the Jensen a530. From memory of the 530 I would say that the 530 is more comparable with the timberwolf 150.

We now run forst 6 inches and i believe they are superior to the a530. Weight of the machines may be a consideration depending on your set up

Edited by JaySmith
Edit

the tw190 is a 7.5" chipper

the jensen 530 is a 6" chipper.

iv both a tracky & a road tow jensens, i find them good machines on all types of work that i do ,from pidley little jobs to large site jobs .like any chipper there better with sharp blades.

some folk work @ 1, place with a big chipper ,then go to another firm with a smaller chipper & expect the same results , :001_smile:

the tw190 is a 7.5" chipper

the jensen 530 is a 6" chipper.

iv both a tracky & a road tow jensens, i find them good machines on all types of work that i do ,from pidley little jobs to large site jobs .like any chipper there better with sharp blades.

some folk work @ 1, place with a big chipper ,then go to another firm with a smaller chipper & expect the same results , :001_smile:

Yep in reality you can't really compare the two as such. The 190 is bigger and heavier than the Jensen and has a bigger capacity which I why I thought the tw150 is a better comparison as opposed to the larger 190.

Each to their own, I just wasn't keen on the a530 we had even though I was in no wy comparing it to the previous 190 as I think that would have been unfair on the smaller machine. As well as sharp blades which you point out I think it is worth sharpening the feed rollers as once we had done this it seemed like an improvement.

In short the a530 had a lot of he charteristocs of the new forst's (for obvious reasons) bit just lacked that bit extra IME

Go for a Schliesing. The best made (and most expensive) chipper on the market. The best long term investment you will make.

Can you tell me why there the best? Many people say this but really can't say why! The most expensive yes but then the most expensive isn't always best is it? When I look at shitslinger the finish always reminds me of a WW2 Russian tank.......rough and ready.

If the reason you're getting a tracked chipper is to take the chipper to the brash then you really need to look at a Greenmech Safetrak IMO. There is nothing else on the market that will go where these will (and they chip well when they get there too)! Forget dragging brash - that's for people with regular tracked chippers!