Van leasing... Any good?

TIMON

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 2007 Peugeot Boxer I bought it. I own it I can leave the dog in the van all day, crash into gate posts, rack it out, sign write it, paint it, cut holes in it, chip engine, fill it with grass, old fence panels & wire, I can ram my mates at traffic lights, drive it miles and miles. Cause its mine. Ok its done 190,000 miles and 8 years old. I keep it looking smart mechanics bills are lower than lease price a year and I paid penuts for it so theres not depresiasion. Its dam reliable more so than most vehicles I have had. I drives like new and mostly done motorway miles before i owned it. you could not guess it done so many miles. I have heard lots of horrier stories about lease vehicles getting big bills through being worked as in people going over milage & scratches on body work. When my van dies some one will buy it of ebay for spares & repairs & will get another newish high milage van. A lease van is around £250 month or £3,000 a year thats £15,000 in 5 years. My van lasts 2 years I have allready saved a fourtune. The only disadvantage I have to drive an older vehicle as long as its smart & clean It does not mater to me! Not for everyone but the way I have allways done it. : )

I have leased for the past twenty years. Its a no brainer buying outright from new, you lose too much money. Every lease payment is 100% tax deductable. You can buy the vehicle at the end or pay a peppercorn rent.

also leasing means the vehicle is under full warranty from new so if any problems, the lease company deals with it.

my advice is do not lease through a dealer. Always use an independant company you will get a much better deal

I was under the impression that commercial vehicles are 100% tax deduct able in one year. So if you have a high rate tax bill on the way it's a good way of taking the sting out of that.

Borrowing money or taking any sort of loan or hp is always going to be more expensive than buying out right but it does preserve your cash flow for other projects if you need it. Leasing or hp just means you have someone else looking for their share of the pie. I could be missing a trick may be lease companies can buy so cheap they pass on the savings and these are reflected in the monthly payments ?

I am think a clean 3 year old van is going to loose me less money than the £350 a month repayments unless I use it hard but then it sounds like they fine you anyway.

I was under the impression that commercial vehicles are 100% tax deduct able in one year. So if you have a high rate tax bill on the way it's a good way of taking the sting out of that.

Borrowing money or taking any sort of loan or hp is always going to be more expensive than buying out right but it does preserve your cash flow for other projects if you need it. Leasing or hp just means you have someone else looking for their share of the pie. I could be missing a trick may be lease companies can buy so cheap they pass on the savings and these are reflected in the monthly payments ?

I am think a clean 3 year old van is going to loose me less money than the £350 a month repayments unless I use it hard but then it sounds like they fine you anyway.

I am old school and if I cant afford it I dont buy it, its just the way I am but these lease plans are tax efficient. You do need to keep up to speed on this because of things like this that creep into play. https://taxagents.blog.gov.uk/2014/06/25/annual-investment-allowance-tips/

It sort of moves the goalpost a bit in favour of just buying things outright.

Bob