• UKIP
    • SNP (Scottish National Party)
    • Plaid Cymru (Wales)
    • Not voting.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you were trying to suggest that all Muslims hate every other coulter/ religion and I've found that not to be true. I became very good friends from a family from Yemen while in Birmingham his farther a village elder in Yemen deplored the 9 /11 7/11 and all the atrocities caused by IS. I've not read the koran and have no interest in doing so but I'm led to believe it teaches love and respect not killing and hatred. If some one wants to come to this little island and except our coulter and way of life good if not go home. :001_smile:

I don't think I said that all Muslims hate every other culture/ religion... but it is common knowledge that Islam does cause more than it's fair share of problems.. has anyone ever seen Hindu/ Jewish/ Sikh Terrorism in the UK?

Well a lot of people read the Koran and find justification for killing.

You really think we should open our doors to everyone that "respects our culture and way of life"? People in this country are getting their benefits cut so that the government can give benefits to immigrants. Why should Brits be denied medical treatment so immigrants can get medical treatment?

I don't think I said that all Muslims hate every other culture/ religion... but it is common knowledge that Islam does cause more than it's fair share of problems.. has anyone ever seen Hindu/ Jewish/ Sikh Terrorism in the UK?

Well a lot of people read the Koran and find justification for killing.

You really think we should open our doors to everyone that "respects our culture and way of life"? People in this country are getting their benefits cut so that the government can give benefits to immigrants. Why should Brits be denied medical treatment so immigrants can get medical treatment?

Islam is used as an excuse to kill and maim I agree that was not the point I was arguing .

Buy embracing our way of life I mean work and pay in benefits/ NHS are an insurance if you come from abroad you should not be entitled to either unless you have payed enough tax. I spent 13 months in Birmingham children's hospital and saw how immigrants abuse the system by bringing children for treatment they would not get in there country of Origen. I'm not blaming them as I would do the same for my child but it's a loop hole that should be closed.

Edited by Mortimer Firewood

That is the problem Sir! Certain groups are successful in intimidating the UK public so successfully with fragrant disrepect of our cultures and traditions...

Yes more should be done to kerb this.

The great man W C would turn in his grave if he could see what GB had become we've lost the G IMO.

really , do you not think some of these p/s are some what over staffed & laid bk in there attitude to work :001_smile:

I have no evidence as to whether they are or are not overstaffed (I don't count political rhetoric from either side as evidence). I can well believe that they may be, however my comment was not about staffing levels but about pay. For teachers (since I have direct experience of this one through my wife) pay was frozen for 4yrs. There was then a 1% rise last year, with a 1% rise planned for this year. In the same period, pension contributions were increased by 7%. Calculated against RPI, it equates to about a 20% cut in buying power, with the gap continuing to widen rather than close (national increases are anticipated to be 3% this year for comparison). I don't have figures for the other public services, but I anticipate that they will be similar.

Hence my original comment that if you work in the public sector you are not feeling the benefit of the end of the recession.

Alec

I have no evidence as to whether they are or are not overstaffed (I don't count political rhetoric from either side as evidence). I can well believe that they may be, however my comment was not about staffing levels but about pay. For teachers (since I have direct experience of this one through my wife) pay was frozen for 4yrs. There was then a 1% rise last year, with a 1% rise planned for this year. In the same period, pension contributions were increased by 7%. Calculated against RPI, it equates to about a 20% cut in buying power, with the gap continuing to widen rather than close (national increases are anticipated to be 3% this year for comparison). I don't have figures for the other public services, but I anticipate that they will be similar.

Hence my original comment that if you work in the public sector you are not feeling the benefit of the end of the recession.

Alec

Thats always the way, the private sector always feels the recession first, and the recovery. The public sector lags behind.

Despite what the politicians say the only way public sector wages will rise in when the government can afford it, and that depends on the economy. You only have to look at this breakdown of where the government makes its money to see that almost all taxes are directly related to how well the economy is doing....

Type of tax Revenue £ million

Income Tax 156,898

NICs 107,690

VAT 104,718

Corporation Tax 39,274

Fuel duties 26,881

Alcohol taxes 19,986

Stamp Duty Land 9,273

Capital Gains 3,908

Inheritance tax 3,402

Shares 3,108

Insurance premium tax 3,014

Air passenger duty 3,013

Betting + gaming 2,098

Landfill Tax 1,189

Petroleum Revenue tax 1,118

Climate Change levy 1,068

I can't remember an election where we were given so little information by the politicians about what they actually plan to do, they're all big on promises but very light on actual policy.