• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Green Party
    • Liberal Democrat
    • UKIP
    • SNP (Scottish National Party)
    • Plaid Cymru (Wales)
    • Not voting.

Its a hell of a lot easier to use words when they will never need to be backed up by actions.

That is true, there is a lot of claims made come election time, some are acted upon and some aren't.. I think thats true of all the political parties. However UKIP have never been in power so to some degree they are an unknown quanity..

I'm also aware that they do have a lot of support especially among the older generations.. Its also intresting to note the Arbtalk snap poll which has UKIP in a strong 2nd place... so are we looking at another coalition, perhaps Con/Ukip?

Roll on May 7th..!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a bit confused . ( nothing new there) . To settle in this country by right you have to be part of the British commonwealth or part of Europe. We only have so much space and sorry unlike a house where you can build an extension we have something called the sea preventing any extension. One of these rights to settle here has to be revoked or we will simply be swamped . Now my confusion is we are now allowing immigration to people who are neither Europeans or part of the commonwealth as well. I know Jesus turned water into wine but I don't even he could turn Sea into dry ground with houses already built on it and buckets of cash extra cash to give them a free ride

I've never said all Muslims were terrorists.....

Why don't the Muslims that deplore ISIS speak out against ISIS then? Why didn't Muslims speak out after the London bombing? Someone says "Pak1" and all hell is let loose with white liberals frothing at the mouth and getting indignant, while if there is a terrorist attack the Muslim community are absolutely silent.

Did anyone see any obvious Muslims protesting against the Charly Hebdo attack? Were they not protesting against the attack because they agreed with it?

You don't half talk some crap. There are Muslims all over the world protesting about ISIS and the likes.

Muslims in Europe rally against extremist violence - CBS News

That is spot on! I'm really worried how the country will be for my childern and their families if we keep letting people in at a rate of 300k a year!

Green space is getting taken up for new developments at an incredible rate at the moment so imagine what's its going to be like after 40 years

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Exactly, some people don't seem to care about the future generation's wellbeing, only about the present cheap labour supply.

You don't half talk some crap. There are Muslims all over the world protesting about ISIS and the likes.

Muslims in Europe rally against extremist violence - CBS News

thanks very much. the article you link to shows a photograph of 10 people protesting.... admittedly the article says there were about 500 people in the crowds, but it's strange how they never showed a photograph of the crowd.

when salman rushdie wrote his book the "satanic verses" 7000 Muslims protested against it in Bradford. After the London bombings were there any protests?

More British Muslims fight for ISIS than serve in the British armed forces.

edit

British Muslims gather in London to protest against Muhammad cartoons | World news | The Guardian

"Thousands of British Muslims gathered near Downing Street to protest against cartoons showing the prophet Muhammad and voice opposition to “insulting” depictions."

thousands protest in London against some cartoons... no wonder UKIP are doing well.

Edited by matelot

It's an irrevocable fact that the UK is in the process of public sector retrenchment - facilities, services, capacity in decline at the same time that inwards immigration is accelerating exponentially and without any current prospect of management or control.

Personally, I agree with reduced public sector (until it becomes more affordable)

It has to be obvious that it is not possible to plan & resource service capacity if there is no forecast or control of demand for those services.

The UK has to accept that the discussion of immigration does not automatically equate to racism, xenophobia, post colonial flagellation or any other liberal guilt trip.

If I can't afford / haven't got enough diesel for the landrover, my solution is not to drive more miles??

Farage is a crack-pot at the head of a party of fairly odd balls but he appears to be the only one with the moral fibre to tackle the prickly issue of inwards immigration head on.

I can't see how any party can hope to address the future challenges for UK until we know how many people we're catering for. As such, if they can't or won't accept that the challenge exists, I can't vote for them because they have no credibility.

It's an irrevocable fact that the UK is in the process of public sector retrenchment - facilities, services, capacity in decline at the same time that inwards immigration is accelerating exponentially and without any current prospect of management or control.

Personally, I agree with reduced public sector (until it becomes more affordable)

It has to be obvious that it is not possible to plan & resource service capacity if there is no forecast or control of demand for those services.

The UK has to accept that the discussion of immigration does not automatically equate to racism, xenophobia, post colonial flagellation or any other liberal guilt trip.

If I can't afford / haven't got enough diesel for the landrover, my solution is not to drive more miles??

Farage is a crack-pot at the head of a party of fairly odd balls but he appears to be the only one with the moral fibre to tackle the prickly issue of inwards immigration head on.

I can't see how any party can hope to address the future challenges for UK until we know how many people we're catering for. As such, if they can't or won't accept that the challenge exists, I can't vote for them because they have no credibility.

Thank God, at last common sense :thumbup1:

I think that all party manifestos should be legally binding should a party get into power.

That would immediately cut down on the crap and lies and voters would get a more realistic view of what the parties stand for and their intentions should they form a government

I think that all party manifestos should be legally binding should a party get into power.

That would immediately cut down on the crap and lies and voters would get a more realistic view of what the parties stand for and their intentions should they form a government

I agree with you, but until this happens we will continue to need Paxman, Dimbleby, Marr et al to hold them to account on our behalf.