• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Green Party
    • Liberal Democrat
    • UKIP
    • SNP (Scottish National Party)
    • Plaid Cymru (Wales)
    • Not voting.

Excuse my ignorance, but what the heck is 'the race industry'?

I cant really be arsed answering this but i will, try solicitors re racial discrimination, solicitors pushing for leaflets in council offices to be printed in Hindu ect ect if they have "NEEDS" everyone is expected to jump through hoops at great expense, would we be afforded the same in their home country's not a hope. bury your head in the sand if you want, its not what i want for my grand children.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've nothing against any hard workers. It's the lazy t**** for here and abroad that p*** me off!

:thumbup:you and me both, its just on here some people seem to think every immigrant is a super duper lean mean working machine and virtually every brit is a dole dossing tosser.

You most certainly can eat a tree. It will also produce the oxygen you need to breath, and provide the materials to give you shelter. Of course money (also made from trees) is an important factor in peoples lives, it's just a shame when it becomes the most important factor.

I don't actually really object to the Green's environmental policies really! I think they are pushing things a bit far, I don't agree with them on nuclear and I disagree with their stance on cars/public transport, but on the whole, I think their heart is in the right place.

It's the social policies I find difficult to deal with. They really do want to level the playing field. Achievement would not be rewarded under the Greens - all wealth would be equally split between the workers (proletariat?), all workers would have jobs provided by the state somehow there would be some magical pot of gold to pay for it all.

I understand why someone would support a party that supports the environment. The Greens used to be that party. However, their other policies are so left wing they make Nicola Sturgeon look like Maggie and the Greens playing any part in government would be a disaster.

I cant really be arsed answering this but i will, try solicitors re racial discrimination, solicitors pushing for leaflets in council offices to be printed in Hindu ect ect if they have "NEEDS" everyone is expected to jump through hoops at great expense, would we be afforded the same in their home country's not a hope. bury your head in the sand if you want, its not what i want for my grand children.

Second that.

I don't actually really object to the Green's environmental policies really! I think they are pushing things a bit far, I don't agree with them on nuclear and I disagree with their stance on cars/public transport, but on the whole, I think their heart is in the right place.

It's the social policies I find difficult to deal with. They really do want to level the playing field. Achievement would not be rewarded under the Greens - all wealth would be equally split between the workers (proletariat?), all workers would have jobs provided by the state somehow there would be some magical pot of gold to pay for it all.

I understand why someone would support a party that supports the environment. The Greens used to be that party. However, their other policies are so left wing they make Nicola Sturgeon look like Maggie and the Greens playing any part in government would be a disaster.

I am not really very well qualified to answer you properly Big J. I rarely watch the telly so haven't seen the debates or the news coverage and I don't read newspapers. The consequence being that my political thoughts are almost certainly a bit dated.

You are right in calling me an idealist. I think this probably comes from spending nearly all my time in the woods. The almost inevitable effect of this is to lessen your reliance on income and push the protection of the environment/planet to the top of the priority list. In my view it is so important that all other political considerations are secondary, hence my support for the only party to genuinely take the issue seriously.

My instincts tell me that your description of life under a Green government may be a little exaggerated. I have no doubt that earning a large income would become more difficult under the Greens. Life would certainly become a bit harder, but my feeling is that if we were to slow down, stop scrabbling for eternal growth and live more sustainably we would become truly better off.

Right, now that I have effectively discredited myself from providing current and valid input to this debate, I had better go and read up so I can feel qualified to continue posting:thumbup:

Voted once about 40 years ago when I was wet behind the ears - haven't since. All governments do, is make laws which make you less and less free and slowly the staightjacket tightens.

George got it right

"Less and less free"

To do what? To live your life without fear of invasion by another other country that fancies a piece of your land? health care when you or yours are ill or want to give birth in a safe environment. Your education and that of your children, the roads you drive on to be driveable and not to have improvised checkpoints with armed men. The whole network and infrastructure of the country you live in is down to governance.

Your way of thinking, presumably designed to impress goth birds at university bars, always makes me laugh.