• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Green Party
    • Liberal Democrat
    • UKIP
    • SNP (Scottish National Party)
    • Plaid Cymru (Wales)
    • Not voting.

I do business with Indians and they freely admit Brits were best thing that ever happened, you have to remember that the British empire didn't rape and loot like a maturing army on rampage. It organised and put structures in place. You have to step out of the rhetoric and look at facts. The demarcation lines after ww1 were wrong but an attempt to stop the sectarian butchery which existed and has now resumed now that the strongmen dictators have been disposed in the name of democracy.

Albeit not empire but a good example of brutality erupting after decades is former Yugoslavia under Tito.

That's right Ww... there were only ever about 50,000 troops in India, it could never have ruled with an "iron fist" with that few in such a large country.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, so we haven't colonised / been immigrants to other countries for hundreds of years? We went to those countries for our own benefit, and took what we wanted, same old same old

Very true :thumbup: immigration and colonisation has been going on for centuries , but not as brutal now

if only we had stayed perhaps places like Africa wouldn't be sh1t holes. There's only one half decent African country... South Africa... the only African country where the white people stayed.... does that not tell you something?

South Africa now going down the swanny too, talent drain, corruption etc. on a side note it's only country I've ever done business in where my host has taken me aside before presentation to explain that some of audience will talk, sleep(!) and check phones whilst I'm speaking... "Please ignore and continue as normal to the rest of audience"

wow! good contribution! obviously the taxpayer spending money on your education was a good investment.

Well dumbo I'm not from here so it wasn't your taxpayers money. It's obvious you didn't get much of an education

You all know my political leanings and to say I'm a happy man is an understatement.make no mistake the snp are going to go down and take Cameron up on his challenge to us.to lead the nation.

It will go down like a rat sandwich in middle England.

But for too long Scotland has been treated like the noisy neighbours not equal partners . We may have been house mates but we always had to leave the room when decisions were made, and indeed when we looked to leave home last September too many cowards in my country refused to let go of the apron strings,

Make no mistake we are going to the vocal housemates now .and Cameron's attitude to us with evel, has made this snp landslide happen the longer the Tories have power in England the closer our day of separation comes.

Roll on the next independance referendum and good riddance to ya!

Haven't read all posts but this is very astute comment. The left bangs on about poverty in UK but our standard of living is exceptionally high - even for people on welfare. True poverty is when you see people looking through the sewers for sweetcorn and other stuff to eat, gathering up as much plastic as they can carry to earn handful of coppers to feed their family.

The modern western welfare state is unsustainable and remember it should be a safety net to roof and feed a family, it's not a lifestyle choice.

Re NHS funding; beyond the media hype again there is consensus that it is more than adequately funded but that there is far too much waste mainly due to middle management. Get it running efficiently and there's plenty room to save money and maintain services.

.. And if Tories are such nasty b*stards why are we still borrowing something in region £8 billion per month more than we're taking in tax receipts. Do people not realise we absolutely must balance books as our debt and interest payments are getting out of control.

Common sense at last.

If I did live in a damp cave I might see where you live!

You really think all those East European strawberry pickers pay more in tax than they take out? Lol, you really think those third world immigrants getting £25k a year of HIV treatment pay £25k a year in tax?

It's the non EU immigrants that are the problem; having 8.1 babies per couple vs the 1.6 that Britanic couples are having. A countries culture does not survive unless the indiginous population maintains a fertility rate above approx 2.1.

We exploited a lot of nations and their people to get where we are today, now people in those nations aspire to what we have, just reaping what we've sown

Yawn zzzz :001_rolleyes:

Total bollocks. British empire died generations ago and on the whole we left countries in better shape than we found them - ask the Indians for example.

At end of ww2 we had no empire but debt that would choke a horse, we've struggled through ever since.

:thumbup1:

You people slagging off your own British history! And why britian is great britian!!! Pack your bags and go on your way if we're so bad!! Idiots

:thumbup1: Jog on!

I do business with Indians and they freely admit Brits were best thing that ever happened, you have to remember that the British empire didn't rape and loot like a maturing army on rampage. It organised and put structures in place. You have to step out of the rhetoric and look at facts. The demarcation lines after ww1 were wrong but an attempt to stop the sectarian butchery which existed and has now resumed now that the strongmen dictators have been disposed in the name of democracy.

Albeit not empire but a good example of brutality erupting after decades is former Yugoslavia under Tito.

TFFT! :thumbup:

I'm not british. You can hardly start to tell people to leave Britain when you cant even spell it right.

Wow I spelt it wrong! BRITAIN!! That better!! Why you here if you don't like British history and values???

You are a shithead.
leaving that aside breffni, lets take Zimbabwi for example, it used to feed a sizeable chunk of africa, following Mugabi's mis-rule they are now an impoverished nation.. tribal warfare and disease never happened under white rule.:banghead: