Which saw to buy ?

Fieldarcher

As Matty says, 70cc plus would be ideal but that will be more like £750 with a bar. Still ms362 is only a touch over your budget for a new 60cc saw. You could take a punt on a second hand saw, should get a 70cc saw for around £250_300

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Matty says, 70cc plus would be ideal but that will be more like £750 with a bar. Still ms362 is only a touch over your budget for a new 60cc saw. You could take a punt on a second hand saw, should get a 70cc saw for around £250_300

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

Husky 365 isn't that much, and it's a 10 minute mod away from being a 372xp!

Husky 365 isn't that much, and it's a 10 minute mod away from being a 372xp!

Hi eddy, what exactly do you need to do to make it a 372?? I need a new 70cc saw and want to get one before they stop making them!!

Has the 372 got mover potential ur porting etc or do both share same piston/barrel?

I herd was something simple to make 365 a 372!

Thanks

Josh

There are transfer covers on the side of the strato engine these just need the finn restrictors removing...every thing in the strato versions unlike the 365/372 normally aspirated two stroke is identical they just restricted the saw with the transfer cover.

Edited by MattyF

I run both the 550xp and 365, which I've modded into a 372 by removing the fins from the transfer covers. It's a really easy job. I love the 550, but when it comes to blocking down, the 365 is used more often than not. There are plenty of used saw deals to be had out there. I made a cheeky offer and picked up my used 365 xtorq for £350 with a 20" canon bar fitted. It was only 12 months old and barely used as the guy had bought it for firewood and it was too big for him. If you're not worried about second hand, and it looks good, give it a go. 3 of my saws are second hand and are great!

Hi guys I have a 15yr old 024 for blocking out and its ace never let me down I dont think I have even changed the spark plug though on some big work Ihave done I could have done with a longer bar thats my next thing to get is a saw with a 2ft bar but the same not sure what to get but I do like sthil saws more than huskys

Cheers Mark

The reason I personally have a connection with Stihl is down to the fact I've worked with them for 20yrs i recommend the 441 it was the new model in comparison with the 044 we have had an 044 from new out almost daily up the trees on the ground with me carving for hours on end since 1997 it's still going strong same plug same power best saw stihls made with regard to reliability in my opinion.

The 035 and the like range was always known to us as the farmers saw cheaper because it never saw the work the 044 did.

Thanks for all your input guys.

I can get an ms362 for £650 up here.

The prices seem to be the same wherever I look ( bit of price fixing I think). I have an ms211 and wanted to stay with the same make but as I've never has a husqvarna I wouldn't know the difference .

I have a Stihl dealer about 2 miles from home so this is a big factor in my choice.

Derek