WHATS THE BEST PICKUP FOR £25k thanks all

mendiplogs

Don't agree with that mate, the Dmax has the landcruiser transfer box (apparently) and if your towing, get the the Dmax auto. The Dmax has been aimed squarely at the farmer / towing market.

I had top of the range Nissan Auto it broke down 5 times in four week.

I now have top of the range Dmax Auto and have towed over the limit with it no problems and no glitches

HI DEAN just ring up about D MAX lot of money im told it not a toyota gear box thanks:thumbup: jon

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Dmax fan because it ticks boxes in the work department above the competition. But at the same time I find pickups very impractical. In many ways you can get more in an average estate car. They aren't great motorway cruises, don't carry 5 people very well and aren't secure (in the back) They do lots of things 'ok'

But for play Nissan or VW for a more refined play vehicle.

Does it actually need to be a pickup? I'd be inclined to get away from the cheaply built/ 1940's leaf spring design and step Into a Shogun/Pathfinder/Xtrail

I disagree, I have a Hilux Invincibe and it takes 5 of us down to the south of France every year carrying far more camping equipment than you could ever get in an estate in fact next year if my girls take anymore we may be heading down in the Iveco!!:001_tt2:. Personally I think on a decent smooth motorway (admittedly not many of those in the UK) the ride is pretty good you can knock up 400miles + in a day without too much fatigue. Corners, yes, are a different mater. Don't get me wrong, if i could squeeze all of the above in to a A6 or 5 series estate I would, but you simply cannot. I'd say double cab pickups are the most practical vehicle you could have......apart from you can't take them in the bloody tip!!!:thumb down:

BTW I'd always go for the Toyota, having owned both Mitsu and Nissan's in the past. Hilux feels like it's cut from granite!! Never missed a beat

I disagree, I have a Hilux Invincibe and it takes 5 of us down to the south of France every year carrying far more camping equipment than you could ever get in an estate in fact next year if my girls take anymore we may be heading down in the Iveco!!:001_tt2:. Personally I think on a decent smooth motorway (admittedly not many of those in the UK) the ride is pretty good you can knock up 400miles + in a day without too much fatigue. Corners, yes, are a different mater. Don't get me wrong, if i could squeeze all of the above in to a A6 or 5 series estate I would, but you simply cannot. I'd say double cab pickups are the most practical vehicle you could have......apart from you can't take them in the bloody tip!!!:thumb down:

BTW I'd always go for the Toyota, having owned both Mitsu and Nissan's in the past. Hilux feels like it's cut from granite!! Never missed a beat

Hi well the Toyota I we had demo was great going look at VW now thanks Jon

I understand your point, I had a Rodeo for 5 years then a DMax for 2 years covering 100k in the 2 years. For example I found I couldn't put a decent tool box in the pickup securely, had a cantilever box in the rear footwells. I now have a Disco commercial and the snap on tool chest is back in, carrys all my gear, securely and un noticed.

I moved house and used my old DMax, moving things like coffee table, dinning table, bed, wardrobe wasn't much good as the bed isn't big enough, least with say an freelander/Xtrail or Audi A6 can fold seats down and get bigger things in.