New pickups for 2015/16

Steve Bullman

They all look nice but why cant they produce a decent work pick up with a good sized engine ? my Navara has been great but small engine with twin turbo's are a waste of time for a working truck, I will go hilux 3l next I think.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They all look nice but why cant they produce a decent work pick up with a good sized engine ? my Navara has been great but small engine with twin turbo's are a waste of time for a working truck, I will go hilux 3l next I think.

A nice v8 diesel would do me I keep looking at the American stuff but with are stupid fuel prices and perfetic wieght limits it makes it hard work

I remember when I loaned my brother my defender, he couldn't believe how much nicer it towed than his navara, not the power, just the suspension soaking up all the jolts from a long trailer. The tri-axle trailers are even worse apparently..

I have been thinking about an american truck too, that yellow thing on top gear the other night looked good.

I put the Mewp on the back of the Isuzu the other day and it dealt with it no problem, theres only one other vehicle I have driven that dealt with it better and that was the Amazon.

I reckon with pickups there,s much and nothing between them, to be honest I found very little difference between the Navara auto and the isuzu auto when it came to driving it about and towing.

If your bothered about jiggling about when towing stick some weight in the tub

I remember when I loaned my brother my defender, he couldn't believe how much nicer it towed than his navara, not the power, just the suspension soaking up all the jolts from a long trailer. The tri-axle trailers are even worse apparently..

I have been thinking about an american truck too, that yellow thing on top gear the other night looked good.

Yeah that big ford truck was the nuts! Tom how do you fine the new defenders? They only have small engines as well. What's reliability on new defenders like?

Just gone down the Dmax rout after a Defender and got to admit the Defender was the better towing machine. Didn't notice the suspension as much as the ridiculous high gearing on the Dmax. 1st is is too high and you don't need 6th unless your over the speed limit :thumbdown:

Read that article and there are quite a few errors in there. I would take it as a pinch of salt. For eg. They say the Navara is the longest and oldest pickup on the market and the 2.5 engine blows up so that is why they went for the 2.3. So what about in 2010 when the facelift model came out with the new Renault 2.5 engine. Slight modifications to the body and front end, new engine chosen to try and eliminate the problems they had with the earlier model. It also got more HP with the new engine.

I am looking to change my Navara at some point and toying with the thought of getting a nice family motor and a van of sorts for working or go for a new pickup?