Rattling Husq t540

Old Mill Tree Care

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is because the "techshite " bar is de laminating . Get the older type bar fitted to 338/335 and that wont happen .

Not that Stubby. The original bar was made from porridge and lasted three minutes.

The new Oregon bar has made no difference to chain tension and I've tried three different types of chain.

Off topic (has a hazlenut in every bite ya know....) but i tried another MS201T yesserday, twas manufactured in dec. 2014 according to the sticker on the chain brake handle. It was brilliant to use unlike the previous earlier incarnations of the 201T, no stalling or bogging down, and once it was warmed up from cold it's pickup was excellent with no hot start issues. I gave it a good trial as i was crown lifting/dead wooding a biggish oak. It belongs to a mate and he moaned it wasn't as 'peppy' as his old MS200T to which i replied 'it's simply a different saw' and is as good as my Echo CS360TES. Reckon they are more robust than a Husky 540T too.

Off topic (has a hazlenut in every bite ya know....) but i tried another MS201T yesserday, twas manufactured in dec. 2014 according to the sticker on the chain brake handle. It was brilliant to use unlike the previous earlier incarnations of the 201T, no stalling or bogging down, and once it was warmed up from cold it's pickup was excellent with no hot start issues. I gave it a good trial as i was crown lifting/dead wooding a biggish oak. It belongs to a mate and he moaned it wasn't as 'peppy' as his old MS200T to which i replied 'it's simply a different saw' and is as good as my Echo CS360TES. Reckon they are more robust than a Husky 540T too.

With out a doubt :thumbup1: I sent my 540 back to husky as unfit for purpose :sneaky2:

I had all the probs listed obove plus the top handle fell off(at the front mount) and the chain brake was a constant battle to keep working after 3 weeks old.

Cost more in repairs in 6 months than the saw cost new :sneaky2:

Now got a new 201 and its not missed a beat in 3 months. Not so quick cutting as a 540 or a 200 but a lot better than a 540 in every way:thumbup: