Husky xp oil worth the extra ££££ ??

jnoon

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to try a 50 : 1 mix of Red Line and Aspen 4 . see what that smells like ! :biggrin:

Hi all,

Have you heard that Aspen was improved last year with a change in the oil used.

FRT oil is now used please see Aspen Fuel :: One fuel for all - Aspen 2 full range technology

This oil was designed and tested to work in chainsaws and valve in head 2strokes like the 4-mix engine. It has been tested in the real world for 3 years before being launched.

There is a lot of talk about fuels, Aspen was designed as a chainsaw fuel from the start.

The fact it is used and endorsed by one of the worlds largest chainsaw manufactures says a lot.

Hi all,

Have you heard that Aspen was improved last year with a change in the oil used.

FRT oil is now used please see Aspen Fuel :: One fuel for all - Aspen 2 full range technology

This oil was designed and tested to work in chainsaws and valve in head 2strokes like the 4-mix engine. It has been tested in the real world for 3 years before being launched.

There is a lot of talk about fuels, Aspen was designed as a chainsaw fuel from the start.

The fact it is used and endorsed by one of the worlds largest chainsaw manufactures says a lot.

I had a quite on aspen last year and it was quite expensive, what's the current prices ?

I had a quite on aspen last year and it was quite expensive, what's the current prices ?

Hi,

Aspen has stayed at the same RRP since April 2013.

The new FRT 2stroke oil costs more but we have held the same price.

It is the process that makes Aspen Alkylate petrol that is the main expense.

There is only a very small amount of a drum of crud oil used so if there is a price drop in the future it will not be the same scale as unleaded.

Yes the cost of unleaded has come down but has the cost of your health?

The cost of repair labour?

The cost of replacement parts?

Using Aspen fuels makes your business, your equipment and yourself more efficient!

"Yes the cost of unleaded has come down but has the cost of your health?

Using Aspen fuels makes your business, your equipment and yourself more efficient!"

Steady on Eddie.

I run three saws part time and have NEVER had an engine related breakdown so no labour or parts required.

I applaud the work you do promoting what undoubtedly is a very good product and far healthier to boot but regular clean fuel and quality oil can also keep the machines running sweet :001_tongue::001_smile:

I run three saws part time and have NEVER had an engine related breakdown so no labour or parts required.

I applaud the work you do promoting what undoubtedly is a very good product and far healthier to boot but regular clean fuel and quality oil can also keep the machines running sweet :001_tongue::001_smile:

Good post, a bit of reality for once.

Three saws here as well part time plus two strimmers, a leaf blower, three walk behind lawnmowers, and a petrol engined fairway mower which work all summer. Pump petrol is all that's ever used (with a top quality synthetic two stroke oil if required) and there are no fuel related problems whatsoever.

Son is a greenkeeper, anywhere he's worked so far has done the same and fuel related issues are unheard of in the petrol machinery.

I know a few guys who work at small machinery and anytime you're talking to them it's always the same thing, quality of two stroke oil being used, fuel never mentioned.

Aspen seems to have many other good things going for it and plenty of people may consider it worth the expense on the basis of those alone but the "cost of repair" thing based on NOT using Aspen I think is at best disingenuous.

Good post, a bit of reality for once.

Three saws here as well part time plus two strimmers, a leaf blower, three walk behind lawnmowers, and a petrol engined fairway mower which work all summer. Pump petrol is all that's ever used (with a top quality synthetic two stroke oil if required) and there are no fuel related problems whatsoever.

Son is a greenkeeper, anywhere he's worked so far has done the same and fuel related issues are unheard of in the petrol machinery.

I know a few guys who work at small machinery and anytime you're talking to them it's always the same thing, quality of two stroke oil being used, fuel never mentioned.

Aspen seems to have many other good things going for it and plenty of people may consider it worth the expense on the basis of those alone but the "cost of repair" thing based on NOT using Aspen I think is at best disingenuous.

Wait until stuff goes bang under warranty, the first thing manufacturers blame is "bad fuel" I have had it a few times so went to aspen.

Hi,

Aspen has stayed at the same RRP since April 2013.

The new FRT 2stroke oil costs more but we have held the same price.

It is the process that makes Aspen Alkylate petrol that is the main expense.

There is only a very small amount of a drum of crud oil used so if there is a price drop in the future it will not be the same scale as unleaded.

Yes the cost of unleaded has come down but has the cost of your health?

Using Aspen fuels makes your business, your equipment and yourself more efficient!

How would running aspen reflect the cost of repair labour?

And replacement parts?

Currently running at least a jerry can a week through the saws, would be interested to convert that to aspen costs?