Beech Highline

scotspine1

So timmy, that high line rope was there as a safety line in case the tree failed, but it was fine so if you were not such a big poof you could have just spiked up and hacked bits off ? This would have saved you the time faffing about running that rope. Agree? :biggrin:

:biggrin: Arf, good job Timmae, git er done.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice . Any reason for not using a top handled saw.

I'd say because it cut his cutting time down and one saw did the job instead of sending one down and getting another sent up mate :)

So timmy, that high line rope was there as a safety line in case the tree failed, but it was fine so if you were not such a big poof you could have just spiked up and hacked bits off ? This would have saved you the time faffing about running that rope. Agree? :biggrin:

Lol this made me chuckle haaa! :D

cheers again

Nick, tidy up took a long time yes, don't usually make idiot piles, but needs must on this job.

Darrin, the tree used to have a treehouse in it, hit a hidden nail with the ms200 on the very first cut, but seeing as there was some fat branches I just got the 560 up anyway instead of sharpening the ms200 or changing the chain. On the two ropes thing, yes I've seen some highlines/floating anchors/TIP set up with two ropes and a link in the middle above the tree. I agree there could be less bounce, never tried it though.

Joe, the breakaway lanyard/flipline had a weak link between the carabiner and side D, here's a clue

044_1008_HE01G_LK_CABLE_TIE_large.jpg

Rab, you're spot on the tree was A1 condition wise (could've rigged big lumps off it) and the highline was me just creating a situation where I could double the price, worked a treat as well :biggrin:

:lol: Result, did you give the big shake of your head and draw air through your teeth " massive technical job mate, i will need to go back to the drawing board with this one" then just go to the bakers and come back an hour later with a "plan".. :biggrin:

cool job though Tim, like the zip tie breakaway idea.

:lol: Result, did you give the big shake of your head and draw air through your teeth " massive technical job mate, i will need to go back to the drawing board with this one" then just go to the bakers and come back an hour later with a "plan".. :biggrin:

cool job though Tim, like the zip tie breakaway idea.

Interesting point though.....It's not just about time taken...they need to pay for the whole package....Your know how ...to ensure a safe job.. they wouldn't thank you if you killed yourself in their garden lol

cheers again

Nick, tidy up took a long time yes, don't usually make idiot piles, but needs must on this job.

Darrin, the tree used to have a treehouse in it, hit a hidden nail with the ms200 on the very first cut, but seeing as there was some fat branches I just got the 560 up anyway instead of sharpening the ms200 or changing the chain. On the two ropes thing, yes I've seen some highlines/floating anchors/TIP set up with two ropes and a link in the middle above the tree. I agree there could be less bounce, never tried it though.

Joe, the breakaway lanyard/flipline had a weak link between the carabiner and side D, here's a clue

044_1008_HE01G_LK_CABLE_TIE_large.jpg

Rab, you're spot on the tree was A1 condition wise (could've rigged big lumps off it) and the highline was me just creating a situation where I could double the price, worked a treat as well :biggrin:

Would be interesting to know what may have happened had the Beech failed. Those zip ties can be pretty strong, I wonder how much the highline and spruce trees would have flexed before the zip tie failed. I assume you used as small of a one as you dared?