Beech Highline

scotspine1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be interesting to know what may have happened had the Beech failed. Those zip ties can be pretty strong, I wonder how much the highline and spruce trees would have flexed before the zip tie failed. I assume you used as small of a one as you dared?

I'd experimented with cable ties last year before a similar job. It's variable how much hold you need so you need to find just the right size of cable tie, or two small ones etc. I'm only using the flipline/lanyard for a bit of extra stability with work positioning, it's never taking that much weight.

Also used the method before when working on other storm damaged/dead/dangerous trees when tied into a taller nearby tree.

:lol: Result, did you give the big shake of your head and draw air through your teeth " massive technical job mate, i will need to go back to the drawing board with this one" then just go to the bakers and come back an hour later with a "plan".. :biggrin:

nearly right, went to bakers but they said you'd been in earlier and emptied the shelves, Ben, I love it when a flan comes together, heard you'd joined the Ku Klux Flan in Long Island, any truth to those rumours? do you guys wear flowery pillow cases with the eyes cut out? :biggrin:

Would be interesting to know what may have happened had the Beech failed. Those zip ties can be pretty strong, I wonder how much the highline and spruce trees would have flexed before the zip tie failed. I assume you used as small of a one as you dared?

for a quick bail out method you could do something similar to what Kevin Bingham does in this vid or adapt some kind of slip hitch for quick release -

[ame=

]
[/ame]

nearly right, went to bakers but they said you'd been in earlier and emptied the shelves, Ben, I love it when a flan comes together, heard you'd joined the Ku Klux Flan in Long Island, any truth to those rumours? do you guys wear flowery pillow cases with the eyes cut out? :biggrin:

:biggrin::001_tongue::sneaky2::001_smile::laugh1: How many smilies???

You could be right there it is a good bakers or meringue :biggrin:

The klu klux flan, burning scones and preaching not to mix white and dark chocolate in a cake.:001_smile:

• 2 weeks later...