Safety Steve

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT!! The world is not perfect????

What on earth do you mean Eggs?

Explain yourself!

That's what I was trying to say..... The world ain't perfect, what works on one job don't work on the next job. The idea that H&S is carried out on "some" industrial sites is a joke.

That's what I was trying to say..... The world ain't perfect, what works on one job don't work on the next job. The idea that H&S is carried out on "some" industrial sites is a joke.

Haven't read this thread, seems to be about health and safety, of which there are none here, so, no comment, well maybe one or two! H&s strangulates workmen and I pity mainland contractors, if we had to abide to h&s out here we couldn't afford to live here, e.g a scaffolder is probably quite expensive, if he had to transport him, his gear, and his men to a west coast island, how dear would that be? Ridiculous!

We are all so different are we not?

No, they would have just got on an done it.

Give people easy options and they will take them.

Look a lost days due to illness, according to the figures being self employed must be extremely good for your health :sneaky2:

Look at the benefits cuts, suddenly people can find a job or start a business :sneaky2:

:thumbup::thumbup:

Most of the people people in the 'safety industry' are parasites that feed off the labour of people doing real work and real jobs.

In short if you need help with 'safety' you're either

A - someone who shouldn't be doing treework ie you dont have a natural aptitude for assessing risk or natural empathy for what the job requires.

or

B - someone who is easily parted with their money.

Totally agree tim ... Sorry but parasites.

I once worked for a guy who was in the governments leading body apparently who had amongst other things in his garden a 300+ year old ash pollard that needed the crown stabilising as it was hollow full of hazard beams ect.

Told him that it should really be done with a MEWP for best industry practice but he could not afford that apparently, so no bother for me it's this much with out a MEWP .

At the end of the job he says yes very dangerous work you need a health and safety schedule it will cost this much , twice the amount of what I just charged him, walked away saying I already had one thanks.

I've worked for firms were there had been a H&S officer and schedule in place it has made no difference at all to accidents in some cases I honestly believe it's made it worse as there is a paper trail to cover every ones arse but the guy doing the work who usually is not suited for the job as before all this paper trail was in place the foreman or owner would not of put that guy out and would of used a more experienced operator but just because they sent out a cheap lad with tickets who's signed the paper trail this is acceptable and it's not.

I've seen the health and safety guys behave like hitlers stop sites and cause chaos for no reason than just because they can.

I've seen them seriously injure them selfs as they are so lacking in common sense it's unreal.

Sorry bud I will stick with my online templates and modify them to suit sites.

Haven't read this thread, seems to be about health and safety, of which there are none here, so, no comment, well maybe one or two! H&s strangulates workmen and I pity mainland contractors, if we had to abide to h&s out here we couldn't afford to live here, e.g a scaffolder is probably quite expensive, if he had to transport him, his gear, and his men to a west coast island, how dear would that be? Ridiculous!

That sums things up quite well, living here would become totally unaffordable if all regs were adhered to

Wow, wasn't aware I'd actually done that.

Perhaps you'd be good enough to show me where I actually did.

Wot I wrote

Knock those who work in Service industries and call 'em parasites, and you risk insulting a large chunk of the users of this forum IMO.

(This was an opinion -IMO means In My Opinion)

Not wot I wrote

You have just called everyone who works in a Service industry a parasite, and have insulted a large chunk of the users of this forum.

Well, unless the entire population is horribly sick and injured, you have health.

Unless the entire population is grievously endangered everywhere they tread, you have safety.

'coures, it has been known for 'health and safety' to be confused with petty bureaucracy.

Is possible that it is petty bureaucracy that Mull is missing, rather than safety..... or health?

The H&S thing is bollocks! On Monday I fitted a pump on a food production plant.... Rush job:001_rolleyes:..... They didn't want to have to tanker the waste away. I got there, got them up and running, no work permit required ( funny how H&S goes out the window when things are tits up)all good.:thumbup1:

Today, we've been kicked off site for not having the work permit signed off.

Glad I'm changing things.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: