What size bar on 50cc saws

MattyF

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 15 is too short on a 560, it runs an 18" very nicely. We have a 261 with a 13" on it, i don't like it tbh, its annoyingly short, good for sending thin stuff but on a fat stem you simply can't reach the side branches. Plus the 261 is a dog of a saw.

I'm running an 18inch on my husky 550xp runs really well and the longer bar defiantly saves your back on long days of snedding

I agree but it needs to be razor sharp and the the depth gauges taken down a bit, it'll cut like a gooden then I'm rocking the same setup I originally put the that bar and chain on my 550 out of curiosity and it pulls it well so it's keeped on

I agree but it needs to be razor sharp and the the depth gauges taken down a bit, it'll cut like a gooden then I'm rocking the same setup I originally put the that bar and chain on my 550 out of curiosity and it pulls it well so it's keeped on

Really?

Yes really I was running a 15in bar and chain I had a spare 18in bar and chain so I put it on to see what I was like and it's pretty decent it runs it well obviously not as good as a 560 but it doesn't really big down in timber. Try it if you can that little 50cc saw will surprise you

A 15" .325 with Oregon LPX no doubt is the most practical option here, on the stronger 50cc saws - but the differense between a 15" and a 16" in .325 is really small on Husky saws with the K095 mount, just two dl. Still it feels like it makes a differense in practical cutting.....

The 13" bars just are silly on those saws!

I'm runnin a 17" NK 325 on my ported 241CM.

And how is it? Appreciatively better or wouldn't you bother again?

I run a 15" on my 346XP, but a guy I've been working with runs an 18" on his all the time and seems to get on fine with it.

I know two guys who alway run their 346s on 18" and mainly in hardwood.

A 15" .325 with Oregon LPX no doubt is the most practical option here, on the stronger 50cc saws...

The 13" bars just are silly on those saws!

Silly good or just silly?

If I was cutting mainly small softwood. I'd run a 13" but then I'm not tall. As it is, I run the above combo, which saves a bit of swapping from one side of a stem to the other. If I went to 13" on regular basis, it would have to be a solid bar or the balance would be out of whack.