Pay rates for climbers and groundsmen

lerp

Sheesh so how much for an awesome top climber then???

We are all awesome, but do you sums, those old rates most folk put up with are not really in keeping with what we should really be charging today, take a good look at what things cost, then consider what you charge. Its nothing for me to spend £45 on an eyebrow shape, takes about 10 minutes , spray tan £50 again 15 mins, i'm not shallow but i do like to look after my self, but in reality, in monterey terms, the arb industry is dinosauric. I do pay those rates, no one complains, and i still make money. Top climber is and i hate to say it, dont know if ONLY, is the word, as good as the man on the ground. Anything other than a straight dismantle a climber can be greatly assisted by a knowledgeable groundy, he can also ensure good flow of the job and is often responsible for tasks being completed on time and to price . :thumbup1:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to France, we've a 55m2 new build first floor appartment for 292euros per month and the child and housing benefit come to 480euros so for now we live for free!

Plus there is a national shortage of tree climbers which means business is...good.

Ty

How can you get housing and child benefit when you own a company? Are you saying the government pays your benefits?

All depends on how much you pay yourself on and off the books and how profitable the business is after reinvestment.

We get disability living allowance as my wife is primarily care for my son who is classed as having a life threatening metabolic disorder and this all helps pay for stuff so allowing me to pay myself as the boss less so leaving more to invest back into the business and grow it which makes me the lowest payed member of staff including the trainee but we still live comfortable and if I do want anything nice I just pay myself more that month.

All depends on how much you pay yourself on and off the books and how profitable the business is after reinvestment.

We get disability living allowance as my wife is primarily care for my son who is classed as having a life threatening metabolic disorder and this all helps pay for stuff so allowing me to pay myself as the boss less so leaving more to invest back into the business and grow it which makes me the lowest payed member of staff including the trainee but we still live comfortable and if I do want anything nice I just pay myself more that month.

Same here works for us.