lowering device

dangerous brian

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

verry true , with having the facts such as the S.W.L you can avoid over loading , but how do you judge exactly or even roughly how much the article you are lowering weighs ?? i was working with a crane driver on a job he was saying that out of all the lifts and types of lifts he does and he found that he could not acuratley judge the rough weight of a piece of timber being cut .

use log weight tables

especially if doing crane work

or get the rigging software and take a laptop

When i was taught MBS stood for Minimum Breaking Strain which you could equate to SWL safe working Load.

:confused1: I would not want something to "BREAK":scared1: while I was using it!!!!

SWL should be WELL UNDER any possible breaking stain, IMO.

use log weight tables

especially if doing crane work

or get the rigging software and take a laptop

fair point bob , but still when lifting sections of the crown it can be quite hard to judge i made the mistake of taking off way more weight in ne go with a crane than i expected it to be , but hey i lernt from it :001_smile:

fair point bob , but still when lifting sections of the crown it can be quite hard to judge i made the mistake of taking off way more weight in ne go with a crane than i expected it to be , but hey i lernt from it :001_smile:

pressumably you did not have a proper appointed person on site then

weights are easier to work out than folk recon

with simple calculations and then it seems to just make sense

p.s you should have an qualified appointed person for crane work

who would plan and run the lifts

and yes i do know what i am on about as i am one:001_tongue:

the device in mention was not made by some pratt in a garden shed,it has been made by a professional,someone with serious, engineering skills and welding to match ,take it from me,whoever buys one will not be dissapointed,id rather take my chances with this device,than rapping a rope over a branch and using the trunk as a brake.

the device in mention was not made by some pratt in a garden shed,it has been made by a professional,someone with serious, engineering skills and welding to match ,take it from me,whoever buys one will not be dissapointed,id rather take my chances with this device,than rapping a rope over a branch and using the trunk as a brake.

id rather not take my chances at all

pressumably you did not have a proper appointed person on site then

weights are easier to work out than folk recon

with simple calculations and then it seems to just make sense

p.s you should have an qualified appointed person for crane work

who would plan and run the lifts

and yes i do know what i am on about as i am one:001_tongue:

i dont doubt for a minute that your not one , had i gone down the route of contract lifting with the crane company then yes i would have a qualified appointed person on site , so where did you do the training for that then bob ??? im interested

:001_smile: