Engine managment light!

hamdogg

Anybody that moans about paying for a pat needs to wake up come and spend the day with my son. If you buy a motor you should have the money to run it maintain it.

Spot on pal! I think it speaks volumes about other things aswell, a vehicle is a very important thing and costly to buy / repair if blown up etc

Prevention is cheaper than the cure

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because if he killed some one they would strip the vehicle.

When Fred had the accident the police believed it to be a high profile case with the risk of one occupant passing away. The insurance company resanrly picked the car up it was in boxes ie parts

Police and insurance company's work very closely if they can get out of looking after some one with a servers disability they will it costs tens of millions to look after these people.

The car was tip top not one minor fault.

Anybody that moans about paying for a pat needs to wake up come and spend the day with my son. If you buy a motor you should have the money to run it maintain it.

Quite right, and stop whining about VOSA, they are there to keep a lid on the cowboys who would otherwise have all sorts of shonky vehicles using the roads.

Two things that get my back up are people running big cars and moaning about fuel costs. The second people buying nice cars on the knock then not been able to put them right when they breakdown or been to tight to do it

Amen to that.

When there were more new entrants in to biking over here and therefore more people going through all the various licensing stages, I'd get a lot of people wanting me to just sign the 33 horse power restriction certificates but not actually fit the parts, something which I resolutely refused to do.

I illustrated the reason by pointing out that supposing they were cruising along quite safely well within the speed limits and some tube pulled out in front of them and they were killed or seriously injured. The insurance companies involved, seeing potentially big payouts, put the investigators on it, find out there's no restrictors fitted so the bikes not as declared, he's not on the road legally, etc, etc. No insurance claim, other numpty off the hook, the guy on the bike probably ends up being prosecuted (if still alive), future insurance loaded for whatever number of years, in short he ends up taking all the grief when the other muppet caused the accident.

A few people took it on board but most just went to another bike shop which would quite happily take 100 odd quid off them just for signing a piece of paper!

Well I've had it plugged in and it's the egr valve that's coked up!? He said it's common fault! And the ABS was the accelerator pedal position sensor circuit?? Which we need to look into!!

New pedal and try strip and clean the EGR valve 👍

Most modern bikes have a throttle position sensor which is presumably the same thing. It's just a potentiometer which operates within a certain range of impedance and if it goes outside of that it'll trigger the engine management light.

Usually adjustment will sort it provided you know the range.