hamdogg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might just keep battling in with the pedal! Don't think it's too serious

Had the same problem on transits and mondeos! One customer compliant was

"When I'm sitting at traffic light people think I want a race because it revs it's self up" it was holding a steady 3000rpm 😂 at junctions and lights

"When I'm sitting at traffic light people think I want a race because it revs it's self up" it was holding a steady 3000rpm 😂 at junctions and lights

Well I'm noticing no change whatsoever other than the light coming on?

Well I've had it plugged in and it's the egr valve that's coked up!? He said it's common fault! And the ABS was the accelerator pedal position sensor circuit?? Which we need to look into!!

Just out of interest what has the servicing been like and if " ford spec" oil used ? It may also be worth knowing that should you blank your EGR off and get a particularly retentive mot inspector he may just fail your ranger , I would imagine that your throttle pedal is flyby wire and you will require either one or both potentiometers replacing .

That happens with petrol engines when the air fuel meter or throttle position sensor start to break down. A lot of problems are caused by the EGR valve or if the engine is newer the DPF in the exhaust. EGR can be cleaned out with some carb cleaner if it's not too far gone.

Just out of interest what has the servicing been like and if " ford spec" oil used ? It may also be worth knowing that should you blank your EGR off and get a particularly retentive mot inspector he may just fail your ranger , I would imagine that your throttle pedal is flyby wire and you will require either one or both potentiometers replacing .

I service it myself but always use the oil ford recommends! Mot man is a good mate of mine who works at garage! (Sunday morning mot ;)

That happens with petrol engines when the air fuel meter or throttle position sensor start to break down. A lot of problems are caused by the EGR valve or if the engine is newer the DPF in the exhaust. EGR can be cleaned out with some carb cleaner if it's not too far gone.[/quote

Air fuel meter??? Air flow meter..... Only way that would make it Rev up slightly or hunt would be if it was drawing in unmetered air and would upset map senseors air flow meter.....